Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i noticed smoke coming form the engine bay only when i floored it and it was only once and it didnt happen again that time. i didnt know what was wrong, then today i looked at the oil cap and there was oil that looked as if it had spilled out and down the engine. it only looked as if it came out or seaped out and i dindt notcie any splattering. i took off the cap, it was in place, but it looked as if it wasnt really tightly place on, like i could tighten the screw more. but anyways, could this be like too much crank case pressure causeing the oil to drip out? but i dont notice any oil in the intercoolers or coming out of my bov which is open loop. does anyone have any clue?

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
You just need to replace the gasket in the oil cap. It's like $1.50 at the dealership. It's supposed to be soft and flexible; yours is probably hard and brittle.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that what is causing the smoke?? it is slattering down onto the exhaust manifold and exhaust part of the turbo... is this causeing some to burn off and the smoke that comes from the engine bay only when i floor it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts