Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 93 Stealth TT that I am improving for track use and I was starting to consider that there would be some advantage to going to a smaller wheel with a low profile tire (only for racing). Benefits should be less weight, higher torque, more and cheaper options, lower center of gravity, ?

Does anyone know if a 16" wheel fits on the AWD cars?

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what size wheels you can fit on there b/c your brakes are different than mine. I believe you can't go down too far on size with the wheels b/c of your caliper size. However if you do find that you can fit 15" wheels on, shoot me an email. I have a good set of 15" with low profile Nittos.

·
just a guy
533 Posts
Are you sure about that Hans91GT???

I've never tried it myself, but everthing I've heard/read says that the smallest you can go on the AWD TT cars is 17". If you look to see what TireRack offers for snow tires you'll find that they don't offer a 16" steel wheel/snow tire combo for the AWD TT's. You have to purchase a 17" alloy wheel combo which increases the price significantly.

I currently have 18" OZ's on my car and I can barely get a finger b/w the front brake caliper and the I.D. of the wheels.

Has anyone actually put 16" wheels on a AWD TT? Now I'm curious.

·
just a guy
533 Posts
Please let me remove my foot from my mouth....

Looks like you guys aren't referring to the TT models. I'll read closer next time.

Hans, I assume you know what your talking about since you actually own an AWD non turbo.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
His AWD NA is just a Stealth TT with its engine missing ;)

One of the local guys put 16" Stealth ES rims on his 91 RT Turbo after he busted up his 18" rims. He couldn't get them repaired in time for Ocean City, so he got some NA rims and they barely fit. :D Here's the pic.

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
16" rims will fit on FIRST gen cars.. because they have smaller front brake setups.. in 94 they enlarged the brakes..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts