Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a 93 r/t with 56k on it its real nice car but slow out of the hole and its an automatic my base 94 stealth seems
be faster but it is also a 5 speed with the resinator removed
is there any thing i can do or do i just live with it....:confused:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well since you have an ATX you might want to get a Torque Converter to help you get off the line quicker, also some Underdrive Pulleys ( UDPs ) would do you good.;)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't think it was just luck, but i took on an SL in my base back in the day. The SL was 222hp of course and manual--i was 164hp and auto w/aircharger...and i think that's it. I took him off the line and it stayed about equal after that. I know he drives stick descently well too. I think i had a factory freak :)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
WOW...I have raced a 99 5-speed Base with my 98 ATX SL. Damn bastard got me off the line, but after first he was all mine. I got him right when he shifted and just started pulling from there. Advantage of the ATX...hehe:D. So it is hard to imagine a auto SOHC beat a 5-speed DOHC..hehe...but nonetheless man I must say that is one factory freak you had on your hands. LOL :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
But from most of the other members it always seems true that the SOHC seems to pull just a tad better off the line than a DOHC. ;)

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
trazz21 said:
hey i just got a 93 r/t with 56k on it its real nice car but slow out of the hole and its an automatic my base 94 stealth seems
be faster but it is also a 5 speed with the resinator removed
is there any thing i can do or do i just live with it....:confused:
If you want faster out of the hole pick up a 50-75 shot Nitrous kit. Retard your timing 1 degree and add a bottle of octane boost everytime you plan on using your nitrous. This will give you plenty of safe power right off the word GO! Dont turn it on untill you get up to 3000 RPM's or you'll just peel out for the first 60 feet. :D ;) :p

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Yea, i was so surprised how quick it was, i got blown away by some cars that I raced ('99 firebird trans-am) ...blown away isn't a word for that one lol. I sold it to get my vr4 ...eventually it will be done:eek: I agree w/hollywood---throw a lil nos in there and sit back and enjoy the race.:D
--Zack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts