Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93' 3000gt Sl AUTOMATIC.
I know its not going to be a speed machine, but its definately slower than it should be. I have changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, had the timing belt changed, put numerous injector cleaners in the gas tank, and put on the K&N aircharger. My 0-60 time is about 10 seconds, What is the problem with my car? I have it on power and off OD. Should I have the injectors flushed? My mechanic friend says he can sell me the fluid they use in the process for 25$ rather than the 125$ job, and he says it will do the same job.

What can I do to my car to make it a little quicker?

thanks
Vern

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<font color=#804000>10 seconds? You 100% about that? That sounds pretty slow, I would have had you pegged for at least two seconds quicker. How long have you had the car and does the accelleration feel the same?

If you intend on keeping the car you might consider more dramatic mods. Of course, this all depends on your budget and upkeep on the vehicle. I have no idea what the difference is between the core engine of the Twin Turbo model and your model. I think with boost, you'd want to prep the power plant for added stress. That and/or nitrous.

How do you want your car to perform? Have you considered putting money aside for another vehicle, keeping your SL for the daily driver?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.