Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm driving a 93 Celica and was told by Massey Automotive that my valve cover is leaking oil and needs to be replaced. They'll have to degrease it to make sure that's the problem, then replace it, then degrease it again to make sure it's OK. They said between $100 and $150 for parts and labor. How is that price?

Thanks a lot guys - I'm only asking here 'cause you're the best!

-KingNothing

·
Registered
832 Posts
i don't see why you couldn't do that yourself. Just get some degreaser, clean it up real good, run the car for a while and see if it leaks any out. If it does, you easily replace the gasket yourself. I don't know the celica and how everything is situated, but if nothing is in the way, I don't see why replacing it wouldn't just be a 10 minute job. If theres stuff in the way, hell your used to a 3S car, it should be pud to remove stuff and replace on a Celica. Just my 1/5000th of 100 dollar bill.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehheheh... I wish I was used to a 3S.... :mad:

It's coming once I finish getting some more cash together. :D

So it's an easy job? I haven't had a need to do any work on my car yet (first car, had it for 2 years) so I'm still kinda learning this stuff. What do I need to take off the old one and put a new one on? Any special tools or anything I need to watch out for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts