Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What chances I got? I have 78k, 5spd, no resonator, and a new clutch very soon (maybe Intake/exhaust soon too). My friend has a new v6 mustang and some other kid at my school has an automatic WRX. What do you think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The auto Stang you can put down as long as your clutch holds, and I'd say the auto WRX would be really close. Since they won't be able to do a high RPM launch (unless they neutral drop it, OUCH) you should hang right there with them I figure. The 5-speed WRX's aren't ALL THAT fast once they get moving, it's just the AWD launches that kill you with the 5 speeds. So I'd put money against the Mustang, but not too sure about the WRX.

Jason

·
Registered
162 Posts
If the guy can drag then the REX will eat your lunch. He can leave the line at 8psi. With AWD you'll have to do some serious catching up. But it is possible if the REX is stock. Mustang...lol. You should kill him.

WD

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice

Well the rex driver wrapped his car around a tree the summer he got it.....so he sure is agressive, dunno how smart he'll be on his launch :)

The 'stang is a 5spd with a k&n. It's got some guts, i mean 225 ft-lbs of torque? I do have a 30 hp advantage though :D

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
I've got a '95 SL. It took my friend with his '99 Mustang 1000 dollars in mods to beat me. (2 different intakes, FULL exhaust system [no cats] from headers back, cold air intake extension and a Venom 400 ECU unit) A manual WRX runs a 14.3 in the quarter. Even an auto will still be fast. Trust me my friend has one. You'll come in second.

·
rock.
201 Posts
Vic, I feel betrayed :(
You're having conversations just to find out whether you can beat me? Come on and fight like a man! I'm up for it! (even if my stang isn't)

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehe, all in due time. When I get a new clutch, it's on bro.

·
rock.
201 Posts
Hey, no excuses. You gotta play it where it stands. After all, I have a dented bumper cover : P

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, the aerodynamic drag on that bumper will ruin you for sure! You're mine!

·
rock.
201 Posts
Yeah, I know. It'll trap all the "speed particles" and I'm finished!

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*runs outside to install new exhaust to "push out fumes for increased speed output" *

Might as well stick an electric fan in my intake, now I'm supercharged! Hyuk!

·
rock.
201 Posts
WhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuPSSSSSSSSSSSH!

·
rock.
201 Posts
Okay, that probably didn't make any sense. That was my (pretend) blowoff valve

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WHOA COOL BLOW OFF VALVE.....I didn't know they turbocharged v6 stangs.

Check out the cool noise mine makes:

WHIIIIR CLANK BOOOOOOOOOM

Ah crap, I think my supercharger just got pushed out with the speed particles in my exhaust.

·
rock.
201 Posts
Ha ha! I will be victorious.

Now I just need to find a tennis ball and a rear wiper I can install...

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we've hijacked the war stories forum! Yah, well just try and drop your tennis ball on me, I'm gonna use my washer LEDs to shoot you with a laser beam! That is, unless my valve stem lights don't hypnotize you first "look at the pretty colors......."

·
rock.
201 Posts
Shut up you poser, you don't have valve stem lights!

(haha, like I have a blowoff valve for my "turbo")

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll jack dan's, from his 'glo-saturn', that whore. I spent 30 bucks on those damn lights for him, and he got me a damn wrench, which he later said was just loaning to me. He wants to work on my car, so he gave me that as a gift? Uhhh....considering it took him 3 days to replace his clutch, and he broke his CV boot and exhaust manifold in the process, I THINK I'll pass.....:rolleyes:

·
rock.
201 Posts
Hahaha, whenever you talk about Dan's car, you always say "WE replaced the clutch"
Suddenly it took 3 days and "HE replaced the clutch"

:D

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha, I helped him on the 2nd day. Unfortunately, I couldn't help much because he stripped the threads of one of the bolts on his exhaust manifold. I just helped him disconnect crap from the engine so he could take it out (ANOTHER retarded thing, especially considering that the guys on the saturn forums all said to do it with the engine still in the bay, which wouldve been about 50x easier)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts