·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on - this has to be the best news ever for n/a owners! We're talking up to about 330hp for $2,100!

.jon

·
Registered
44 Posts
humm is this for real? I dont have $2100 right now but sounds damn nice... leave me more info plz

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, here we go:
Your car right now has one throttle body, which is connected to your intake plenum (the big silver thing on top of the intake manifold). The plenum distributes air to the manifold, and then to the six cylinders.

Now, imagine if you just had two intake manifolds and six throttle bodies. This allows you your engine to draw in MUCH more air.

It comes w/ a special computer for fuel delivery, all for $2,100!

Wow, i should get an infomercial :D

.jon

[EDIT - i'm gonna call them on monday (not open till then) and find out everything I can. hmmm..how about:
1. Six Pack Throttle Body
2. Knight Super Charger
3. N2O
4. LSD
5. Forged Rods/pistons blah blah
6. Twin fuel pumps, ridiculious injectors

fastest n/a EVAR!!!!!]

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
jon3k said:

[EDIT - i'm gonna call them on monday (not open till then) and find out everything I can. hmmm..how about:
2. Knight Super Charger
3. N2O
4. LSD

fastest n/a EVAR!!!!!]

YES!!! YES!!!! Ask them!!!!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heh, much better! i need someone as psyched about this as i am :)

.jon

·
og
4,293 Posts
alright, well... pretty interesting. i know that on some of the most exotic cars out there they use a throttle body per cylinder. regarding this tho:

2. Knight Super Charger
3. N2O
4. LSD

1. i'm interested in what they have to say and look forward to your post, i'm skeptical about the 40-50% gains altho it is true that we n/a are limited more by air flow than anything else. i just don't see how those gains are possible without forced induction. where does it pull the air from, still through the mas i suppose? the throttle body is not currently an air flow limitation...
2. the supercharger is definitely the way to go in my opinion
3. i don't know if you wanna run nos on your sc engine, even prepped, that's gotta put a hurtin' on it, altho a 50 shot wouldn't be too bad i suppose
4. no lsd=no traction
5. engine build... this AIN'T gonna be cheap... but may be necessary... are you talking about changing your compression ratio?
6. no need for twin pumps and huge injectors... you'll just end up running super-rich, even with all this stuff you're looking at. even without 'em tho you're looking at a TON of cash and i mean a TON.

well i'm def interested in where this is going tho, please keep us posted. good luck n safe travels.

- mike

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. I asked him about how the computer worked. Whether its mass air or speed density. I really have no idea. They just say it includes a computer to control it

2. Ohhhhh yeah :) Eventually the throttle bodies will only ingest so much air. But I can't imagine the plumbing for a supercharger and 6 throttle bodies. Kinda seems like it would defeat the purpose, as you'd have to plumb the supercharger to the 6 throttle bodies anyway.

3. Put a hurtin on it? Thats the idea :)

4. Agreed.

5. Its really not that bad. Rods/pistons are about $2500, and i'd do the work myself. I'd probably got w/ the 3.1 liter pistons which i think are like 9:1. Might as well bore it over while you're in there. I think u can get up to about 3.2L

6. A fuel system upgrade would DEFINATLY be necessary. W/ the internal work you could run a LOT more boost (6psi on the s/c stock).

Also gotta figure in that new transmission and $2k clutch to hold it all :)

i will DEFINATLY keep everyone here posted.

.jon

·
Registered
394 Posts
AVAILABLE FOR THE TURBO

>Will the 6-Pack Throttle Body that you are selling for
>the 3.0 liter V6 Mitsu engine work on the 1994 Twin
>Turbo Dodge Stealth?
>
>What is the cost for this part and what other
>modifications are required?
>
>What does it replace?
>
>Is a hood modification required?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Regards, Carlos
>

hi
yes it could be made for the turbo car
we would need to a makespecial
air box for it
the cost wouild be $2,395.00.
thanks phantom racing

Not a very talketive dude via e-mail but for those of you witha turbo - it's worth investigating. I think you have to take into consideration that there will be a considerable amount of extra plumbing if you want to keep the flow smooth!

·
Registered
394 Posts
SHIT! I thought that was the 3SI site... I don't even have that IP address anymore! Thanks for noticing that for me man! I'll fix it.

lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
I guarantee you,

You want to put that money into the head work than making the intake.

man, the thing is you gotta have the reserve tank to get better response, any how. Man, that looks nice, but I would love to see the dyno slip.

I am positive if you spend that much money to get the head work done, you will have more more more power than you could get from that thing.

And by the way, if you supercharge your N/A, It's not N/A any more.

N/A = Naturally Aspirated

Spend that money somewhere else.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ajimbo said:
I guarantee you,

You want to put that money into the head work than making the intake.

man, the thing is you gotta have the reserve tank to get better response, any how. Man, that looks nice, but I would love to see the dyno slip.

I am positive if you spend that much money to get the head work done, you will have more more more power than you could get from that thing.

And by the way, if you supercharge your N/A, It's not N/A any more.

N/A = Naturally Aspirated

Spend that money somewhere else.
Reserve tank? Have you ever seen a car w/ multiple throttle bodies (aftermarket)? How can u make conjectures like this knowing absolutely nothing about it?

Of course if I supercharge my N/A its not an N/A anymore. :rolleyes: I'm very famaliar w/ forced induction.

What kinda of head work are you talking about? That is so vauge. I could hot tank my head, thats head work - would that put down more power than this six pack throttle body YOU"VE NEVER EVEN SEEN INSTALLED? How in the world do u know?

Where the hell is the bullshit flag?

.jon

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, so when I call u on it its just a suggestion? Look, if u know something I don't know, i'd love to hear about it. Thats why I'm on this board. Please - enlighten me. Just don't throw out random facts w/o any basis.

.jon

·
Registered
399 Posts
oh, I forgot to say one thing.

I would love to race you with your "Special Intake Manifold".

and other mods you have.

maybe next Summer.

I would love to see you kill me in the "FASTEST SUPERCHARGED N/A EVER"

·
Registered
399 Posts
well, if you think I don't have any facts,

that is okay,

just go spend your money. Uncle Sam will love you for paying lots of tax.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ajimbo said:
oh, I forgot to say one thing.

I would love to race you with your "Special Intake Manifold".

and other mods you have.

maybe next Summer.

I would love to see you kill me in the "FASTEST SUPERCHARGED N/A EVER"
:rolleyes:
Whatever. You roll in here talking about headwork and blah blah how I should spend money elsewhere, and you've never even seen a dyno slip, a time slip, or even one installed a car. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Go back to your hole.

Can't win an argument, so here comes the "lets race" - yeah, that'll prove who's right.

.jon

·
Registered
399 Posts
I might not posted the facts, but that doesn't mean that I don't know what I am talking about.

originally posted by Jon3K
Can't win an argument, so here comes the "lets race" - yeah, that'll prove who's right.

I might not have won the argument, because I was not argueing.

but I would like to see who wins the race.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts