Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
No one runs single turbos - there are like two or three people who do.

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
actually, there aren't any.. the one guy that was took his kit out.. and it was completely custom built by him..

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone did a single swap on his VR-4 or R/T TT... I might have pics somewhere.

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
KingNothing said:
I'm pretty sure someone did a single swap on his VR-4 or R/T TT... I might have pics somewhere.

but is it running yet? I remember seeing pictures, of a car being put together.. but I don't think it ever ran

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
The guy's forum name is TTgtonsteroids or something like that. The T66 setup was done for a friend of his. The car is still running strong. It's not his car. But now for his VR4, he's custom fabricating his forced induction with a pair of pretty large garrett turbos, as posted a week or 2 ago.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
The guy's forum name is TTgtonsteroids or something like that. The T66 setup was done for a friend of his. The car is still running strong.
Actually they shattered 3 of the pistons on the first or second pass down the track. I don't think it has been rebuilt yet.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I don't know why the engine failed. I think it resulted from an extreme lean condition. I could be wrong though.

There is nothing inherently "wrong" with a single turbo setup. Boost is boost, regardless of how many compressors it's coming from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts