Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting an exhaust system for my 94 VR-4. I love the looks of DN's, and Tyspeed's dual shots but I think I would rather have the weight savings of a single shot exhaust. The only problem is that the stock rear bumper has two slots on either side for exhaust. I have noticed that some of the stealth's only have two tips on the driver side. Would it be possible to swap one of these bumpers onto a 3000GT? Oh, decisions decisions.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
It's possible to swap it if you get the stealth tail lights (and maybe the quarter panels too?). Or I suppose you could have your body shop cut the top of the bumper to fit the tail lights correctly - the stealth lights are taller than the 3000GT lights.

It might be more cost efficient to have a body shop bondo the passenger side opening up and repaint the bumper.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the dual shot is sounding better and better. It isn't as light as the single, but certainly alot lighter than the stock exhaust, especially if i don't get stainless.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
You should get stainless - you really don't want to have your exhaust rust and form holes a few years down the road.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know. I can get aluminized for abou half the price. Plus I put a Gibson aluminized cat back on a Tahoe that we had several years ago. As of right now, there are no signs of rust whatsoever. We get some pretty bad winters with quite a bit of salt on the roads and it has not had a problem. Frankly, I think it is paranoia rather than actual hard truth. Yes, it may last longer, but you have to ask yourself, will you actually see a difference within the lifetime of the car?

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Perhaps. I dunno. :confused: We don't have rough winters in Georgia by any means, I've just always heard aluminized rusts within a few years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally I have the greddy single tip cat back system and I like the looks of that big tip coming out one side , there is no doubt it isn't stock :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.