Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
~Airborne all the way~
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about stripping out the interior of my car to spray it with that silencing spray. It is supposed to take the ping out...But then i realized how much work it is. Before i start this i would like to know if it would be worth it. Does anyone know what the price for a can is. Ive been told it takes 6-8 cans for a 3s.
Thanks
-Jess

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
I guess I would know..... :D

http://www.geocities.com/The222HPStereo/stereo.html

I gutted the entire interior of my car and used a total of 8 cans of Rockford Noise Killer spraying everything. It definietly helps on reducing the "ping" of the body, and the great advantage it has over mat materials is you can spray it into all the little nooks, and get it on the outer sheet metal of the car. Can't get there with mats. Now it won't really reduce the road noise level, but it helps get rid of resonant vibrations in the sheet metal of the car.

Recommendation, if you're gonna be competing with the system, it's probably worth it. If not, don't bother going for gutting everything and spraying teh whole car. Get the doors (1 can each) and some of teh hatch area, including the trunk/deck lid (2 more cans). Beyond that, you're probably getting into overkill. And if you are trying to get rid of vibrations and little noises in the car, this is the wrong thing to use anyway - there's jute, poly foam, sticky-back felt, duct tape, electrical tape, and dynamat type materials for that job.

Click on the link to my stereo site for pictures of my noise killing in my car :)

EricB

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
what is the best way to kill the outside sound ( mostly my exhaust noise ) without adding weight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts