Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Domestic Rice
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to open this new post to show Deft Spyder how many people are interested in a first gen 575 hood. I know that many of us have left comments in his post on the 575 hood however that post is quickly approaching 30 pages. So here is a fresh post that will be more consolidated and easier to read. If you are interested in seeing DeftSpyder produce the 575 hood for the 1st gen please post here, and add your name to the list. If your not interested or dont care please do not post here at all lets keep this post on track please.

List of people who want the 575 made for the 1st Gen and would purchase one.

1. MatthewC 92 RT/TT ready to buy yestereday

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
1. MatthewC 92 RT/TT ready to buy yestereday\
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
3. Sephiroth (Don't have the money right now)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
4. Storm_Strike 92 RT/TT, but only if it has vents to let air back out of the engine bay

·
By the power of Grayskull
2,769 Posts
^the air vents out underneath the car

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
MaG18, yes and that is the problem. When running at high speeds on a road course, you do not want the air under the car. Especially if you install a splitter on the front, which forces even more air into the engine bay. So I need a hood that will dump the air out the top, not underneath.

·
www.perigeeglobal.com
551 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
4. Storm_Strike 92 RT/TT, but only if it has vents to let air back out of the engine bay
5. cryptyq (very interested)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
6. ChuckGrill (most definitely interested!)

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
bill, better make one for the first gen and i want the first one..or else i will come over to your house and torture your ass..now get it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i got your back guys..
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
7. JOJO(i know where he live guys) :ak47:

·
Registered
199 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
7. JOJO(i know where he live guys)
8. Phillip

·
Registered
107 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
8. Phillip
9. TheBlackHand 91 RT/TT

·
deftracing.com
5,225 Posts
Wow, a spontaneous thread for the 1st gen...Dan just sent me this link. I guess this is a good sign of interest.

I do have some interest in creating venting out the back of the 1st gen. I also have some plans for the 2nd gen to have optional venting out the back as well, but thats going to be decided when i get the first one back and see how I'd cut it exactly. Should look cool though.

Theres a 1st gen hood sitting in my garage for this purpose, I just havent started on it. here's some pics:

I'm subscribed now and will watch. Thanks Matt for the thread :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
8. Phillip
9. TheBlackHand 91 RT/TT
10. NoCar 92 RT/TT (I'm in IF vents / gills / something helps heat) (Build it and I will buy it)

·
Domestic Rice
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bill,
I'm here to help :D but I have come to the realization that I need your hood on my car to complete my vision so I guess I am also serving my own interests as well :suspect: I figure once I get you to make my hood then I can start harassing you about the new version of VLS :p

MatthewC

·
Registered
27 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
8. Phillip
9. TheBlackHand 91 RT/TT
10. NoCar 92 RT/TT (I'm in IF vents / gills / something helps heat) (Build it and I will buy it)
11. t9od (Depends on shipping to UK and assuming it will fit a Jap GTO Mk1)

Would be nice if the scoop routed to the intake though, probably not that hard to make some trunking once I got the hood though I guess.

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
Interested but I have other mods infront of this one.

I would figure a 1st gen is in the works considering the majority of 3s's were made between 91-93 (1st gens).

·
Registered
197 Posts
2. NJStealthTT 92 RT/TT
8. Phillip
9. TheBlackHand 91 RT/TT
11. t9od (Depends on shipping to UK and assuming it will fit a Jap GTO Mk1)
12. Culebra - money in hand locked stocked and ready to rock.

Would be nice if the scoop routed to the intake though, probably not that hard to make some trunking once I got the hood though I guess.

Can you try to get the vents like the in the ferrari hood?? i know there was some talk about them not being possible but i forgot what it was. However with vents it looks better imo not that it doesn't look good w/o them but i would preffer them with.. don't know everyone elses opinion, but to each their own i guess =/ ??? just a thought :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
deft spyder said:
Yes, but you'd be suprised how many 2nd gen hoods i sell vs 1st gen.... it's the 2nd that are getting modded more often it seems.
I think that's true for appearance mods. People more worried about appearance spent the extra money for the second gens.

I wanted to save some money for go-fast mods so I went with the 1st gen. Now that I have bpu + turbos + fuel, I wish it looked better. lol.

1 - 20 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.