Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I need to get rid of my 94 base Stealth 5spd with 85K on it. The car is in good condition but I need something bigger. So I went to this little dealer and asked them if I could even trade out of my car. I saw a 94 Mitsubishi Diamante LS. The car looks in pretty good shape on the outside and the interior was MINT. Fully loaded. It has a 3.0 DOHC 24V engine. Isn't that the same engine as the DOHC Stealths/3000GT? Well the only thing is the car has 111K on it. How long do these things last? Is there anything I should be aware of and look for when I test drive it? I just don't want to get myself into something thats going to end up costing me a lot of $$.

Thanks,
Joe C

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
For what it's worth I think you can look at some of the posts regarding SL's on this board and get an idea how they hold up, should be about the same and the Diamante, at least engine wise.

Make sure the time belt was changed at 60K or get it done before you buy it.

But I don't recall any real problems and I know from the ECG's that there were some SLs there with some real high mileage and no one had anything real bad to say about there car. Looks to me like the main problem folks have are with the standard transmission.

My 2 cents anyway,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts