Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Black it out or not

• Do the black out (fogs, turns, snakes, emblem)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Keep it stock

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Do some of it (explain)

Votes: 4 23.5%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black out using "paint" program below. Let me know you thoughts.

See sig below for how I look now.

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Imagestation is updating right now. Should both be up tomorrow at latest.

edit - its all good now:D

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
If anything, paint that front grey stripe to match the rest of the car. I'd leave the snakes and fog lights the way they are. Clear turnsignals may looks nice.. photoshop that, maybe?

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the front strip is damn near the same color of the car (might not be as apparent in the pic). Wouldnt be worth the money to get that painted especially since my paint isnt all that common of a color.

As for clear turns, I dont like the way they look on dark cars. Draws way too much attention to a "turn signal"

But keep the suggestions and comments coming.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Keep it stock or I would at least look into clear turn signals.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd say do anything to get rid of the stock looking turn signals! I really dislike mine. I wish someone made a quality clear side lense for 1st GEN's that didn't cost a fortune....you 2nd GEN guys have it lucky! Hmmmmm...maybe a sign to convert mine...to a 1999!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
unless you want it to look like the batmobile or the nightrider car, keep it the way it is. the thing is that, imo, it rarely looks good when everything is the same color. it lacks detail, lacks punch.
of course, it sort of depends on what you're looking for. if the car has smooth curves all the way around, it might look nice having uniform glossy color everywhere, producing sort of a water drop effect (probably not the best analogy, but that's what it makes me think of).
the other way to go is to have a few contrasting colors to make it look more aggressive. I love how a little bit of red looks on a black car. yellow on black looks good too (my next sports bike will be yellow-charcoal gray, love that combo), black with white/chrome/silver (basically what you have now) is another good combo.

I have a panama green vr4, I'll be painting calipers red, putting red grills in the side air dam openings, red grills in the front brake cooler inlets, and something red in the front in addition to the red mitsu emblem on the hood. I had red honeycomb grills everywhere up front, but they look way to plain when coving a large area like the front air dam, so I took them out. I'm thinking of making horizonal ridges in the grills that stick out to the very front of the bumper cover. that might look nice. else I could paint only a part of the grill red, paint the rest flat black. still, the grill will be too deep in without enough light falling on it, which will dull the contrast to the point of defeating its whole purpose. I already have the front brake cooling inlets done, i'll take a pic tomorrow, see how you like it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
hehe
well it looks black in the photo! makes very little difference in what I was talking about though. anyway, that's my theory about what looks good, you may agree or disagree as you will.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
awild said:

my car isnt black:D its sandstone grey
thats pretty dark for sandstone grey, is it the factory color???? if so that color is a brownish grey like the 2 left stealths in this pic...or your camera sucks....

Attachments

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those two Stealths are Symphonic Silver not Sandstone Grey. I do have a factory color, the pic might be a little dark but not much...could be your computer screens settings;) . But definetly not the same as those stealths by any means. I have more of a charcoal metallic.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
My bad...I did a lil more looking thru my collection of 3/s pics and I realized that those RT's are the Nairobi beige. For some reason I dont have any pics of Sandstone grey cars, or I do and they look black...

Oh well, back On-topic. I think it looks kinda plain being all dark, suggest doing what others say and get the clear turnsignals....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like the ALL-Black look...

Be Different! Do what YOU like though, not what we tell you!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.