Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any kind of short shifter, that makes shift right.
I called Buschr Racing today. they offered 75 bucks short shifter but stopped selling.
Anywhere?

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
i dont know where to get one, but i do know that the company that makes the short shifter for our cars is called "C's" hope this helps.

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
Nopi has a short shifter for our cars and IMP (International Motor Sports) in Clifton NJ also has one.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My friend wrecked the Talon I sold him and I'm parting it out for him. The Talon shifter works on the same principal as the Stealth TT shifter but it is a full two inches shorter! I plan on adapting the Talon shifter to the Stealth and reporting my findings here. If it works out well, this could be a cheap Short-shifter option for our cars (people are always parting out DSMs on the internet cheap). I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hey I was just thinking about this the other night. Short shifters worked well in stangs, and probably even better in these cars. Keep us posted Mike, with your progress!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Wait a minute, I am not sure everyone is on the same page on this subject.

A short shifter, such as C’s, doesn't mean the shifter leaver, “the stick”, is shorter it means that the throws between gears are a shorter distance. The shifter is the same height it’s not lower to the console. Short shifter means you should be quicker shifting gears, since you have less distance to travel between the throws.

I have heard where folks who purchased them expected the shifter to be shorter were somewhat surprised to find out, that was not what, was meant by short shifter.

I have also heard where people shortened the shifter, the stick itself, to emulate a shorter shifter. The shorter the stick leaver will result in your throws becoming shorter, but as I understand it’s not as great as the short shifter with the same length shaft.

Hope this helps,

Dave Best
3Si #62

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
So, does anybody have a number or web address for C's?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, what Dave said is what I am looking for.
With Short Shifter(quicker shifter), We can reduce misshifting, which is the critical thing on street race(especially when tring to make fun of Ford Garbage on the street)
better angle makes shift faster and quicker, and less misshifting. It happens sometimes on the st. I was racing w/ 300Z TT and I misshifted 2nd gear(still won!) Happen to you?
Thans guys anyway.

Kalin

·
Registered
392 Posts
I shortened my shifter myself and love it. I took 2" off the top section of the shifter thus reducing the height of the shifter. I cut the 2" out right above the pivot point with a chop saw and rewelded the tube. Took 15 minutes ! This shortened the throw and is the same as shortening the lower section of the shifter. I also added a Momo shift knob which is a little higher than the stock knob.

Later,
Kevin

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kevin when you shortened your shifter did you find the shift was a bit harder or notchier just curious

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
another option is to buy nopi's NO. 1 shifter selling for $125 or something..heard from someone that that works pretty good...just another option!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts