Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Checker and Autozone and NAPA last night...nobody has a shop manual for the 3000's. They have them for the Eclipse, etc, but "not available" for the 3000. Whoever has one...where did you get it? How much?
Randy

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
I'm also wanting to get a "Factory Service Manual" for my 3KGT. (Not the CD Version) Do you have to get these thru a dealer?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You won't be able to find one any where, i have already tried Chilton and one or two others. The only thing i have found is the manual on CD. So i got one of those.

ok don't listen to me! i completely flaked on checking with the dealerships. CD is still cool though.

[This message has been edited by Space Coyote (edited December 27, 1999).]

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,950 Posts
Check on Ebay. I just picked up the complete 3 volume set for my 91TT for only $56. In perfect condition!

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
I own a Stealth and was able to get the factory manual thru the Dodge dealer by special order this past September. It consists of 2 volumes and is very comprehensive. Cost was around $60 and is available for every year the Stealth was produced. I would assume Mits. has a similar arrangement.

If they can't help you, let me know and I will forward the printer's address and phone#.

Steve

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The only place I know of, where you can get factory shop manuals are from the dealer. Try one of the dealers who give 3Si'er a discount.

If I remember my set ran me somewhere around $100 when I purchased them in 92.

Try West Broad Mitsu at 1-800-229-1001 and see what they will do for you. I know they give 3Si'er a discount.

Hope this helps,

Dave Best
3Si #62

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to two dealerships in my area and one quoted a final price of $160.00 and the other quoted $110.00 for the two volume set for my 3000Gt. I have a buddy who works at CARMAX MITSUBISHI and was able to get the two book set brand-new for $89.00 for me only because he told the parts department that the book was for him personally. Thats the cheapest that i know of unless you buy used from some place.

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Hey guys,

The phone # for Chrysler service pubs is:
(216)572-7240
(216)572-0815 FAX

I paid about $60 for '94 models. Newer models did cost a little more.

Steve

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can order the service manual set through Chrysler's manual distributor at:

1-(800) 890-4038.

The cost for my '94 was $59.00 plus $5.90 S&H.

Ray

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to a local a dealer, and one of the mechanics had a slightly used set for my '92 that he wasn't using much any more so he sold 'em to me cheap - $20 I think. If your car is an older year model, you might ask your local mechanics if they'd be willing to let theirs go for cheap...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts