Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Shipping a car

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Paul H. 
#1 ·
Is anyone familiar with shipping cars? Trying to verify this is legit

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds scammy to me. Already at a shipping company? Estimate $580 when they don't know your zip code? All the times I've ever looked into shipping vehicles it was always $1k+.

Reactions: J-blueSL and baloo
#10 ·
Yeah the price alone is fish for a VR4 spyder, unless none of the top works maybe. 5 years ago when I bought my spyder, it was shipped 1300miles and it still cost me almost 1300$ if I recall. If you're serious about it, go see it, or at least request a live video call walk around. Something to ease the mind >.>

#15 ·
Lulz a Spyder VR-4 in really good shape for $9k? Yeah right, and that Tovit site says it has less than 2000 miles.

If you really want to not get scammed your best bet is to purchase round trip airfare, pack some heat, and deal face to face. After all the, "shipping company" already has the signed title...

The car is a scam, the escrow is a scam, the shipping company is a scam. You call the, "shipping company" and it's just scammers working together to screw you over.

#17 ·
Easy, contact the seller and say you are local and want to come see the car. Ive done this 100x and 100x they ghost me.

#19 ·
You DID.
All the caring members here did just that....

Smart choice.

Bob.

#28 ·
Ha, well there you go. Im in Washington state. Ask the address, Ill go look and I promise not to buy it out from under you.

Reactions: LowBudgetZlatan
#23 ·
I ran into this about a year ago. The ad sounds almost word for word what I was told. The seller said it was to be shipped thru the EBAY Auto shipping service. There is no such thing. Look it up. Do a web search for EBAY Auto shipping service scam. See the write ups and posted letters. The seller was selling thru Craigslist... I reported him & gave my information to the Attorney General of PA. Good luck, you can thank me later

#24 ·
Yah, I've fallen for similar deals at least a couple of times and so far lucked out, in that Fate intervened and saved me.
THE BAD PART, and the part that causes me and others (!) to continue falling for the "too good to be true" deal, is that occasionally we all blunder into a great deal that TRULY is too good to be true. Yay, win win win.
Hence the perennial quest for the Good Deal, because we know SOMETIMES MAGIC HAPPENS, right?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.