Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Sounds scammy to me. Already at a shipping company? Estimate $580 when they don't know your zip code? All the times I've ever looked into shipping vehicles it was always $1k+.

Reactions: J-blueSL and baloo

· Registered
125 Posts
Just re-read your post -- revised it.
$580 is a great price, I guess you already know.

I shipped a car from OR to Houston TX, enclosed trailer for $1800.
Open trailer, it would be under $800 -- depends on your bargaining.

· Administrator
35,006 Posts
I recognize that car. I think the owner is a 3SI member... hopefully not a scam but be careful. Under $1k to ship a car with today's gas prices sounds very suspect. It cost $2500 to ship my M3 across the country, open trailer.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recognize that car. I think the owner is a 3SI member... hopefully not a scam but be careful. Under $1k to ship a car with today's gas prices sounds very suspect. It cost $2500 to ship my M3 across the country, open trailer.
I was wondering if they may be a member and if they are I hope this doesn't offend them. Just a lot of money for me.

· Science, bitch!
1992 VR4
964 Posts
Looks like a scam. Even with that godawful stick on wood grain and tacky car bras (hello 90s car accessories!), unless that car has 300k miles, no way is a clean Spyder VR4 selling for 9K now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
95 VR-4 Spyder
383 Posts
Yeah the price alone is fish for a VR4 spyder, unless none of the top works maybe. 5 years ago when I bought my spyder, it was shipped 1300miles and it still cost me almost 1300$ if I recall. If you're serious about it, go see it, or at least request a live video call walk around. Something to ease the mind >.>

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the price alone is fish for a VR4 spyder, unless none of the top works maybe. 5 years ago when I bought my spyder, it was shipped 1300miles and it still cost me almost 1300$ if I recall. If you're serious about it, go see it, or at least request a live video call walk around. Something to ease the mind >.>
My plan was once I get the VIN to run the carfax and call the shipping company to verify and speak with them

· Registered
106 Posts
Lulz a Spyder VR-4 in really good shape for $9k? Yeah right, and that Tovit site says it has less than 2000 miles.

If you really want to not get scammed your best bet is to purchase round trip airfare, pack some heat, and deal face to face. After all the, "shipping company" already has the signed title...

The car is a scam, the escrow is a scam, the shipping company is a scam. You call the, "shipping company" and it's just scammers working together to screw you over.

· Lovbyts
4,510 Posts
Easy, contact the seller and say you are local and want to come see the car. Ive done this 100x and 100x they ghost me.

· Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
18,383 Posts
I appreciate everyone's input. I thought maybe I had just gotten super lucky.
You DID.
All the caring members here did just that....

Smart choice.

Bob.

· Lovbyts
4,510 Posts
I appreciate everyone's input. I thought maybe I had just gotten super lucky.
Yeah its easy to get excited about things like that. I have MANY time but always got lucky feeling the person out to see if it s a scam. You would not believe how many scams Ive had when selling a car or high end toy with scammers wanting to buy it with a fake money order or cashiers check. A tell tale sign is when they say they will pay extra, above asking price. Also if anyone ever claims to have sent you to much and want you to reimburse it dont. Make sure it clears at the bank, at least 7 days.

Best of luck in the future.

Reactions: SDriggers
1 - 20 of 28 Posts