Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the shift linkage lever, that one that connects to the shaft that goes into the transmission, there is a pin that holds the lever onto the shaft. I believe I have the found the cause for all my transmission woes through this pin. In my transmission it has sheared off, so that the lever spins 360 degrees and nothing is holding onto the shaft. I have another transmission I bought used that I was going to rebuild. For now though, it seems I can take the pin from the tranny to be rebuilt, put it on the tranny thats installed, and test to see if it really was just the pin. But how do I get the damn pin out and then back in?! Or where can I find a replacement?

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,359 Posts
Isnt it jut a roll pin? Drill that ho out

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Isnt it jut a roll pin? Drill that ho out
Just a pin that's probably harder than any drill bit he has.. :)

On the shift linkage lever, that one that connects to the shaft that goes into the transmission, there is a pin that holds the lever onto the shaft. I believe I have the found the cause for all my transmission woes through this pin. In my transmission it has sheared off, so that the lever spins 360 degrees and nothing is holding onto the shaft. I have another transmission I bought used that I was going to rebuild. For now though, it seems I can take the pin from the tranny to be rebuilt, put it on the tranny thats installed, and test to see if it really was just the pin. But how do I get the damn pin out and then back in?! Or where can I find a replacement?
Spin it around where all three pieces line up, and drive it out with a punch.

Provided the pin is even still in there... I've seen them loosen up and fall out.

17,432 Posts
loctite the new one in and or safety wire it. I've lost them too, hard shifting does it. Cobalt bits drill them easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to dig up an old thread but what is the size of the pin that goes in to the linkage and shaft.... Im having a hell of a time finding one that fit properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts