Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The price is obo, let me know if you would like to make an offer, remember that all 6 of these injectors have been cleaned and flow matched and I am paying for shipping.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Found info on install, only question remaining is whether I will need other mods to use these with a stock fuel system and a walbro 351 fuel pump.

A lot of people use some kind of air fuel controller, but I have no idea if that is necessary if you aren't upgrading turbos yet.

·
.5 Man .5 Dinosaur !!!!!!
1,340 Posts
450CC

How many miles? Blue tops or black tops? Do they have the O-rings?
Will you take 180 Shipped?

Eddie :mitsu:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These injectors include o-rings and are blue top. Mileage is 65-75kmile, all flowed within about 1% of eachother. The 450s will require the ECU to be retuned. I will keep the 180 offer in mind but at this stage will hold, I also have a set of 390cc for sale for $180obo if that is of interest to you.

A point of interest, the 390s may not require the ECU to be retuned, the ECU may be able to drop back the pulse width enough for them. I know The DSMs can run about another 15% bigger without retuning or any other ECU mods so it might be possible to run 390s on a 3000GT without upgrading the ECU.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm interested in the 390cc's. How many miles? Are they flow matched? I need to do some more research on the ECU and whether it needs retuning for those. I want to replace the stockers. Mitsu wants $$$ for 360cc replacements.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
I wouldn't swear to it, but I think that anything bigger than 400's you will need an afc. I think the stock ecu can accomodate 390's, but I'm almost positve it won't hardly run with 450's without an afc.:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
390s

This set of injectors all have about 50kmile on them, they are the later style wide spray style and are all flow matched, identical fit etc. Actually, I was thinking the stock inj were 340 not 360 I am almost certain now that the 390cc will run with the stock ECU. It would be interesting to try this out for sure.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well I would definitely like to give them (390cc's) a try. I'll offer 160 plus shipping, but it may take me a week or so to scrape together the cash (I just shelled out $350 for two friggin struts and I have to pay $100 or so to get them installed).

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
To answer the question, YES ABSOLUTELY you'll need an A/F controller for 450's.

Think of it this way, stock is 360, 450's are about 25% bigger (quick math). So you'll be runnng 25% richer. The car will foul plugs almost immediately.

As far as I know, our ECU's can't really be reprogrammed (DSM's can). And at $325 for an S-AFC it's better just to go that route.

BTW you can pick up 450cc injectors (not flow matched) for around $70 for 6 of them. Then $10-15 each for cleaning, I think an extra $5 for flow-matching. So really $200-220 is a decent deal, considering you don't have to go thru the hassle and wait of getting them cleaned/matched.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jdb8805 said:
Well I would definitely like to give them (390cc's) a try. I'll offer 160 plus shipping, but it may take me a week or so to scrape together the cash (I just shelled out $350 for two friggin struts and I have to pay $100 or so to get them installed).
Yeah that will be fine, I will hold a set for you until then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts