Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i need helping choosing speakers for my car. I know absolutely nothing about speakers so i don't know what to get and how much they would cost. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money but i do want some pretty decent speakers, so i am willing to dish it out. I just want good speakers to replace the stock ones in my 3000gt. I was also wondering what would be a good 10in speaker to buy and a good amp.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Overall, anything from Infinity is pretty good stuff. Go to an audio shop and demo the speakers for yourself. Different people have dfferent taste. I like Cerwin Vega too for the price. Just stay away from jensen and other low line brands like audiovox...

You're gonna need a new head unit too with preout. Figure headunit $300, 4 speakers $350, amp $300, sub $150, sub amp $250, power wires rca box for sub etc... $150. That's about......drum rolllllllllll $1500 chaching!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate it

Man thanks for the reply, i guess the best thing to do would be to go to a car stereo place and just look around. thanks again

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
if quality is your main objective, not volume, go focal or mbquart, but to do that your going to pay a hefty price. Otherwise go with the infinity's but remember that they aren't going to sound good unless they are amped. If you don't want to invest in an amp then get something with a high sensitivity rating, over 90db for sure so that you will be able to make the best use of your available power.
Clayton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts