Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Australia
1,841 Posts
In reply to recent discussions, I thought we could have a specific thread dedicated to different service and technical manuals related to our cars. I think it will be a good idea to keep them all together and possibly also sticky the thread to make them easier to find.

I'll post up a few of the better ones I have (.pdf format), but please feel free to add more. I can even host them if you are not able to (pm for my email).

6g72 Service Manual

6G7 Series Up To 2001

Misc. Curcuit Diagrams

1991 3000GT Service Manual Vol. 1

1991 3000GT Service Manual Vol. 2 (Electrical)

1992-1996 3000GT Service Manual Vol. 1

1992-1996 3000GT Service Manual Vol. 2 (Electrical)

1993 3000GT Technical Information Manual

1995 3000GT Spyder Service Manual

Getrag Transmission Service Manual

Getrag Transmission Service Manual (Japan)

Automatic Transaxle Full Chapter

1992-1993 Automatic Transmission Service Manual

http://3000gt.com.au/Files/Manuals/

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
post this on the "other" site as well.

·
Australia
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You love the adds haha.

I have the 1997 manuals in hard copies only unfortunately.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
BUMP, WHERE THE F are the real GTO manuals...discussion please...anyone seen an actual GTO manual anywhere in any form?
Michael, Look on Import monster.
They are in Japanese and came out as the changes happened over the time GTO's were produced. Easy to buy.
Australian made mitsubishi workshop manuals work the same way.
I put the USA and Australian workshop manuals side by side with the Jap and slowly work it out. Not easy because there are plenty of differences.
A crowd in NZ has translated the GTO owners manual. I contacted them and if they can get about 160 people signed up they will translate the GTO workshop manuals from Japanese and put them together like the USA 3000GT manuals ( 2 big books for 99 3000GT anyhow )
Other than that I am still looking for a Jap penfriend with a GTO, or a Jap backpacker to stay for a while. Slowly learning a few Japanese words from the manuals but boy o boy finding the hyroglyphic writing hard.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
orrite, that's awesome news thanks John, you got a link to the NZ guys talking about a translation? I might give it a but if a push

so do you have a 99 USA manual John?
Yes, I have 99 3000GT workshop manuals. Two big volumes cost about $360 shipped from 3SX. Look on USA ebay and you will buy them and for other years much cheaper secondhand. ( and use USPS saves as well )
JPNZ will translate anything for a fee. You go on line and add your name to a list of people wanting a translation of GTO workshop manuals 1990 to 1999. code number WM208. Email for them is [email protected]
Their owners manual for GTO cost about $40 from memory and is not as accurate as the USA or OZ Mitsubishi productions but still usefull nevertheless. Spose I'm trying to say here if they translate the workshop manuals it may not be as accurate as a Japanese person telling you in english what their manual says. ( that's why I'm looking for a Jap friend with a GTO.)

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
anyone look through the Japanese auctions and actually found any GTO manuals? if so can you by a 96 one and let me know how much?
Only one on Import Monster atm. Oct 1990. $61 + postage.( if no more bids ) Keep watching. They come up regularly. That one will have info you are after, then there will be updates on electrical, transmission etc as the changes happened until 96.
It takes a while to collect what you need.
The 3 pink covered books on the same page atm are parts books. If you hang out for a 98 one it shows all the changes with dates they fit.

·
I'm a Member
9,695 Posts
Thanks John
I spent a few min on parts monster this morning and it came up with no manuals, just sales brochures! do you have a direct URL to the search your using? I'm keen on making sure I have the 1996 specific manual (or atleast one that covers the 96 models) bug fixing at the moment has me edgy using the American Manuals!

have you bought any of the GTO manuals yet?

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Thanks John
I spent a few min on parts monster this morning and it came up with no manuals, just sales brochures! do you have a direct URL to the search your using? I'm keen on making sure I have the 1996 specific manual (or atleast one that covers the 96 models) bug fixing at the moment has me edgy using the American Manuals!

have you bought any of the GTO manuals yet?
Import Monster | Browse 2 Japanese Auctions
Look more carefully. First time I've ever only seen 1 manual on there. My guess is since I put it up there people have got among them !! (wonder who got the 94 electrical with the fold out wiring map ?? )
You'll need more than 1 to fully cover 96. And USA and Oz 3000Gt and a Jap/ English dictionary.
I got 8/97 electrical which pretty much covers wiring from then on bar for some changes in 98 in auto trans SR's.
Also 8/98 changes to do with the gen3 that came out in August.
And 8/98 parts book.
Just for fun, a Feb 2000 sales brochure as well.

·
4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,327 Posts
Really need a GTO NA DOHC Wiring diagram.......REALLY hard to find out what a 1991 Diamante ECU loom is the same/similar as :(

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Loom is obviously not the same as any GTO but it might have similar pin outs etc as they share a lot of components. I just looked up all versions of the NA ECUs and none of them are shared with anything else. Maybe look up the ECU part number in ASA for your car and see if it is the same as anything else then maybe find a diagram for that........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi all Thought i would post these too as they help me a lot these are for MK2 if you need any other for most cars let me know

1995-97 Mitsubishi 3000GT Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information
Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 Blue/Black Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Blue Ignition Switch Harness
Tach White Or Blue/Red (-) At Coil
Brake Switch Green Brake Switch
Trunk Pin Red/Green (-) Trunk Light
Parking Lights Green/White Driver's Kick Panel
Head Lamp Blue Light Switch
Hood Pin Blue/Black (-) ETACS under left Dash
Factory Disarm Light Green (-) ETACS under left Dash
Door Trigger Red/Green (-) Cluster Connector left of Steering Column
Door Lock Brown/White (-) Driver's Kick Panel at Door Lock Relays
Door Unlock Brown/Blue (-)
Horn Wire Green/Black (-) Steering Column

1995-97 Mitsubishi 3000GT Cruise Control Wiring Information
Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness or Use Hot Side of Brake
Switched 12V+ Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Ground Use Chassis Near Cruise Control Module
Hot Side of Brake n/a Brake Switch
Cold Side of Brake Green Brake Switch
Tach White Or Blue/Red (-) At Coil
VSS Wire n/a
Pulses Per Mile 4000 PPM

1995-97 Mitsubishi 3000GT Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Red/Black
Switched 12V+ Blue
Illumination Green/White
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Trigger White/Black
Antenna Left Rear
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) White/Blue
Left Front (-) Black/Blue
Right Front (+) White/Red
Right Front (-) Black/Red
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Yellow/Blue
Left Rear (-) Gray/Blue
Right Rear (+) Yellow/Red
Right Rear (-) Gray/Red

·
obsessive compulsive
152 Posts
sorry to ressurect an old thread- things may have changed in the last few years since this thread was last updated- i just ordered service manual on DVD off EBAY...will let you know how functional it is when it arrives.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts