Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I understand the mods are volunteers and life happens. Happens for everyone. The thing is, in order for this community to survive you guys need to pass the torch. We don't fault you for wanting to take care of more pressing matters, but when the only mods are busy everything grinds to a halt.

Let's get a few people doing just seller verifications. Not new mods, just people to assist Dbest/whoever with the grunt work. Menial tasks like phone number verifications or if they filled out their profile can be done by other people. Or we can even just have someone else step in for verifications as well.

There are many solutions to this. Let's get a dialog going on how we can resolve this.
Well said.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
I understand the mods are volunteers and life happens. Happens for everyone. The thing is, in order for this community to survive you guys need to pass the torch. We don't fault you for wanting to take care of more pressing matters, but when the only mods are busy everything grinds to a halt.

Let's get a few people doing just seller verifications. Not new mods, just people to assist Dbest/whoever with the grunt work. Menial tasks like phone number verifications or if they filled out their profile can be done by other people. Or we can even just have someone else step in for verifications as well.

There are many solutions to this. Let's get a dialog going on how we can resolve this.
So are you volunteering... if not that's great and all. I've asked for help with the exact thing you have listed.

I'm done actually. You can remove me as a mod.

·
Verified Seller
696 Posts
So are you volunteering... if not that's great and all. I've asked for help with the exact thing you have listed.

I'm done actually. You can remove me as a mod.
If you're accepting volunteers, then yes I volunteer. It's unfortunate I did not see you ask for help as I would've spoken up sooner. I too disappear here and there due to life, and that's probably why I missed it. If all I have to do is seller verification then I'm happy to assist. Just point me in the right direction :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you're accepting volunteers, then yes I volunteer. It's unfortunate I did not see you ask for help as I would've spoken up sooner. I too disappear here and there due to life, and that's probably why I missed it. If all I have to do is seller verification then I'm happy to assist. Just point me in the right direction :)
I'll go ahead and bump this again, as I would be willing to help. If there were multiple people assigned to this that could do just a few verifications a week I think it would be very easy to help clear the backlog.

That being said I really hate to see a forum become stagnant in regards to new members being able to participate.

Whoever helps make this happen can certainly PM me and I will do my best to help in anyway that I can. I would love to contribute to the community, other than just posting.

·
Keith
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So has anything happened to remedy this yet...? We have volunteers for this. Make it happen.

I easily and quickly got a response on becoming a paying vendor. But no response on becoming verified to sell in the classified section. So I am hearing that money talks...?

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
The mod has the power and is going through the back logs. It takes a phone call to everyone and check IP and lots of work but it's on it's way to being fixed.

Coop

21 - 30 of 30 Posts