Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if what OEM options are available for a '97 SL system? My remote has two buttons, lock and unlock. In the manual it has a picture with panic as well. Opening the remote, it seems that the electronics might be in place. The question is, does anyone know if the receiver will kick of the alarm when a panic code is sent or is it disabled in the firmware?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can probably help you more than anyone on here, I had a Clifford IG-9000 system installed (basically, the nicest alarm on the market) and I'm VERY familiar with the workings of the OEM, since it pisses me off a lot with the two getting on each others nerves....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI,

Matrix_3000GT's reply:

trunk = no
panic = yes

All it does is flash the lights and honk the horn. And in my experience, the ignition kill is a false-advertisement, cause it never worked...and mine only has 2k miles on it, brand new 99'

So, i'd get a new one anyways...i recommend clifford's

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW Matrix_3000GT,

How exactly does the two system get on each other's nerves? I'd like to avoid the same problem when I have my security system put in. I dropped by a the local chains (Circuit City, Best Buy, & Sound Advice) and haven't seen anything I like. CC carries Viper and Sound Advice carries Clifford. I need to drop by car audio & security stores (ie Cruising Tunes) and see what they have offer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts