Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else noticed that 2nd hand Stealth prices are falling dramatically. The Virginian Pilot has had a number of Stealths that have not sold and the asking price has dropped dramatically. Quite worrying for us R/T owners; less so for prospective buyers. 3000GTs seem to be holding their own. I bought my R/T in 97 for $12,000 and looking at the current market I reckon I'd be lucky to get $7,500 despite only 74,500 miles and excellent condition.
Any thoughts or experience out there on successful sales?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't feel bad with your Stealth though, our 3000 GTs are very much the same. I have seen the whole bunch of 94-95 3000GTs ad on local newspaper and Auto trade magazines for the price extremely low(way below or just even the trade in value that you can see from Kelly blue book Website. In fact, I had test drive a 94 3000gt sl in perfect condition with only 34k miles on it for the asking price at 11k/OBO. There was a 98 3000gt sl also with only 12.500 miles for 24.995/obo just a few weeks ago on newspaper. My 94 3000gt is only $8950 Dollars with 80k miles as a trade in value, I really don't know how much I'd get if I sell it, but now I have to spend around $2k-$3k for the damn auto trans. Oh well, I feel like I have married a cancer woman, she's eating up all of mine hard earned money until the day she goes to hell. Then it will ended the nightmare of my life.
Don94

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The prices of the cars are dropping faster than most other sports cars, but they're not that bad (at least not in Northern Va). Sports cars don't move well in the winter.

Last year in February I wanted to take a C5 Vette for a test drive. It had 19K on it, was in excellent condition, and was listing for $40,100.00. Needless to say, I ended up getting into the inevitable sales game with the salesman. I made outlandish demands (full blue book for my Stealth RT/TT which was at about $16000 at the time) thinking I could get out of the dealership. Well, they accepted that, but held the 'Vette at $40,100. Eventually I left, but then I started getting calls, and the sales manager eventually made his final offer of $35,000.00 for the 'Vette with $16,500 for my Stealth. Needless to say, I didn't take it (but I did tick off the sales manager).

In retrospect, I realized just HOW desparate these guys get in the winter. Their profit on that could not possibly have been much above break-even. I might have taken the guy up on the offer if the Vette had a manual, rather than an automatic transmission.

[This message has been edited by Bill Wagner (edited January 10, 2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought my '97 3000GT SL w/ 23K miles for $23.1K out the door. It was just about the mid-range between wholesale and retail (good).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts