Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys get for a second car if you had 15-20k to spend. I've decided to sell my durango to get something a little faster. I'm thinking about another stealth/vr4, eclipse/talon, or rx7.

·
Registered
742 Posts
id get a dsm. go with any turbo awd car and for $20k the thing would be a monster. hell, for $10-15k it would run VERY VERY well. that and they have a huge aftermarket and parts are relatively cheap compared to the vr4s/tts. gas mileage isnt bad either if you can stay out of it. go with a 2nd gen for looks (97-99) or a 1st gen for build quality (IMO).
jeff

·
poser
2,611 Posts
Turbo Turd stole my thunder exactly. 95 is within that price range, looks badass, and is the best year for modification. I think getting something entirely different, namewly German engineered RWD and performance, is key.

Audi a4s can also be made quite quick with the staged upgrades.

·
Registered
606 Posts
What problems do the second gen dsms have.
hehe...crankwalk! ummm.... crank-out-for-a-stroll ....and walkage-of-the-crank

·
Registered
708 Posts
Seeing that you already have a sports car, I would get something really comfortable in the sedan realm. A totally pimped out Chrysler 300M with 17" Chromies, sunroof, leather, and all the toys would be a cool addition. They can get up and go when needed. Good highway cars.

For the fun factor, I'd get a Jeep Wrangler, although you definitely don't need to spend $20k to get a good one.

If you're adding another sports car, I would go with a 300z or a 3000GT. Gotta have the stealth and 3k side by side. :D

V

·
0 Posts
96 Acura 3.5 RL
That thing is very comfortable.Gotta love a soft ride after playing
around with your Stealth.That's just my opinion:)

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I would opt for some sort of 4-door car so you will have more room if needed. I know of some guys that bought 2002 Subaru WRX's for $21,000 brand new. 4-door, AWD, Turbo, etc.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Buy a beater

Buy a beater and take all that extra cash and drop it in mods and make all of us proud here at 3si

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Re: Buy a beater

helferichj said:
Buy a beater and take all that extra cash and drop it in mods and make all of us proud here at 3si

LOOK AT HIS MOD LIST... I dont think there is anyhting else he can add to his car.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Quick VR-4 said:
I would opt for some sort of 4-door car so you will have more room if needed. I know of some guys that bought 2002 Subaru WRX's for $21,000 brand new. 4-door, AWD, Turbo, etc.
[/me Spits coffee all over monitor]
They start at $24k right?! How in the world? Does this car come with an engine?!

.jon

·
Registered
620 Posts
Lincoln ls

I agree with what someone else said, if you have one sports car, go with something comfortable, but still fast.

I think the LS looks good, and I had one race me the other day on the highway, and he held with me up to 130mph. I was quite impressed.

The WRX is another good option, AWD makes a good winter car.

Personally, I can't afford 2 nice cars, so I have a '92 Tercel with 172,000miles on it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Matt, I know what you're saying. I think that building the car is the best part.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts