Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCUMBAG ALERT: George Caldwell; Jake Royce; Jacob Nance; Royce Racing Industries; Midwest 3s Partouts; Relentless3k

These are all believed to be aliases and business names of the same person, but regardless, they are scumbags from Mankato, KS that will sell you parts, prefer to take your money via Venmo (no buyer protection), then never ship parts. They communicate horribly, rarely responding to messages, and always have excuses for why the item hasn't shipped/arrived yet.

In my case, it was over a month of excuses, 3 failed attempts to ship the package (supposedly), a shipping label was created, but never received/scanned by UPS. After UPS was blamed for losing the package, he then refused to cooperate in filing a lost package claim with UPS (claimed he was already taking care of it, but over a week later I talked to UPS and confirmed that no claim had been started yet).

Multiple other people have had similar bad experiences with these people, and some have lost money permanently. I at least got my money back, but I had also insisted on using PayPal with buyer protection despite their initial attempts to get me to pay with Venmo.

I can confirm that George Caldwell is associated with both "Royce Racing Industries" and "Midwest 3s Partouts", because those were the business names on his Venmo and PayPal accounts. It helps corroborate claims that he is associated with (if not the same person as) Jake Royce. It has also been reported that his real name is Jacob Nance, who is confirmed to be a Mankato, KS resident that has been arrested for possession of methamphetamine, which helps explain the strange behavior: Traffic Stop in Cloud County Leads to Arrest of a Mankato Man on Multiple Drug-Related Charges | NCK Today

·
Verified Seller
1,727 Posts
It would be best to report him to your local authorities. If a seller won't accept Paypal or any method with buyer protection don't do the deal.

You can try to get your money back from your credit card or debit card company.

·
One fix at a time
8,139 Posts
It would be best to report him to your local authorities. If a seller won't accept Paypal or any method with buyer protection don't do the deal.

Jeff has just been informing the community. He blasted it all over the FB groups. Jake took money from a lot of people and has been doing it for the last year or two with the same tactics. People just aren't educated about what protections there are with Paypal, Venmo, and FB Pay so they fall prey to it. Paypal sent goods and services is the only way to go. He's a drug addict looking for money and won't stop his behavior due to his addiction. He lives about 3 hours away from me and who knows but he might be back in jail again.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I got my money back because I did pay with PayPal with purchase protection. He initially wanted to use Venmo, but created a PayPal account upon my request, so he initially seemed legit (except for being horrible at communication, sometimes not responding for days at a time). I think he was making excuses and stalling to run out the 21-day hold on the PayPal funds (which is released sooner if attached tracking info indicates delivery).

As the 21-day deadline approached, I informed him I would file a claim with PayPal just to protect my money, but I wanted him to get the items to me rather than refund me the money. He immediately refunded me (probably didn't want a strike against his account and was cutting his losses at that point?). But he couldn't figure out how to properly refund me and instead sent me a separate personal transaction of the same amount. Then he figured out how to do a proper refund and I got a double refund. This reinforced my assumption at the time that he was not intentionally malicious, but just a complete idiot that can't figure out how to do anything right and has horrendous communication skills. So I refunded the personal payment refund after the real refund hit my credit card account. Now I wish I would have kept the extra money.

So he never got access to my money, and he even lost money on me because he actually did pay for a UPS shipping label. It just never got scanned by UPS, so he never actually shipped anything.

Other people have paid him with Venmo or PayPal Friends & Family and have mixed results with reporting it as fraud through Venmo/PayPal. Anyone who has lost money should report the fraud to police.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some evidence linking "Jake Royce", "Jacob Nance", and "George Caldwell" together. Royce/Nance are definitely the same person (full name Jacob Royce Nance), but it's still unclear whether George Caldwell is the same person or a friend/associate of Jake.

·
mitsu lover
822 Posts
thanks for the thread. i did sent a payment to that dude and i wasnt able to do a search with his gmail adress until i i got the invoice. please beware [email protected] / Name Cordell Eakins on FB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts