Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, coming home tonite, went to drop my friend off at his house, and boom. Sounded like the world ended. Got out, turns out the rim hit a large piece of the curb sticking out from the ordinary. Bent my rim, scrated the side of it, and left my tire with a gash right through the side. The rim was the 5 star aluminum 16" from a 1st gen SL. If ANYBODY has a rim they can sell me for a decent price, I'd really appreciate someone letting me know. Thanks, now I think I'll go sit in the corner like the retard I am.

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
sorry to hear about that, but I only have the KEY for my 2nd generation stock rims.

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( :( :(

Hopefully someone in this wonderful 3si world will have an extra rim somewhere to sell to a retarded 17 year old.

If not, how long will my donut hold up?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mitsu3kGTsl said:
:( :( :(

Hopefully someone in this wonderful 3si world will have an extra rim somewhere to sell to a retarded 17 year old.

If not, how long will my donut hold up?
I drove 500 miles straight on my donut before, it will last :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
lol shit just the rim.... topic seems to be serious....I was reading it when it's to the part Boom...... I thought something blew up or something heh just that you only hit the shit heh...:D and sorry to hear that but i have no extra rim..

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, maybe I did exagerate somewhat, but that is what the thing sounded like. And to be honest with ya, being 17, and having to pay for everything, I honestly don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I guess not factoring in accidents into your budget is part of being young. :(

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Sorry, I cant help you out with the part, but I am sorry to hear that. Nasty nasty thing to have happen to one of these cars. I bet your going to have a bit sharper eye out for those curbs now. Good luck finding a replacement.

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I was 17 I was driving through snowbanks in my 86 Pontiac 6000:D I only paid 500 bucks for the car, it was a tough bastard though :)

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, well no offense to any 3s, cause i luv the car, but these thigns are far from tough. More like little wimps if you ask me. Seems like the smallest little problems cost me the most money with this car, yet my friends mustangs and camaro's all run pretty much the way they're suppose to. :\

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
ebay has a set of 4 right now for like 80 bucks....with tires. Also has the 2nd gen ones, I dont care for em but they are like 150 bucks. But the first gens are cheap and sell quick. I'll try to get the link later.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
If you don't like the ebay ones, we do have a classifieds section where you can check, or also ask for the wheels there. If someone is thinking about selling, they'll check there and reply to your post. ;) Good luck!

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help guys, turns out one of the guys at a place I use to work might sell me a nice set of 17" 5 spoke aftermarket rims he has w/ the tires for a cheap price. Hopefully this accident will turn into something good. Thank you for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts