Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am Cool
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i've been hearing a weird scratching noise when i start my engine in the morning. This has never happened before and i don't know what it is. If you're looking at the engine the noise comes from the left side. This only happens in the mornings. In the afternoon and at night when the engine is warmed up it doesn't make that sound.

I did a search and it said something about throw out bearings or a starter? i'm not much of a mechanic so i don't know how to fix those things. the posts are similar to my problem but its not really what im experiencing some talk about screeching?

thanks

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
maybe its one of yoru belts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Might be a bad starter.......... bendix gear isn't disengaging properly, I had to replace mine with a remanned alternator from Autozone.......... same symptoms, first started when it was cold out, then started doing it ALL the time

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
elektrobeatz said:
Might be a bad starter.......... bendix gear isn't disengaging properly, I had to replace mine with a remanned alternator from Autozone.......... same symptoms, first started when it was cold out, then started doing it ALL the time
Could defintely be the bendex gear just pull your your starter and lube up the shaft and see if that fixes it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts