Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe my eyes today when I got done leaving the movie theater at Terre Haute today and saw a 99 vr-4 that was black. I was going to go talk to the guy cause I saw him stop in the middle of the parking lot when he saw me turn around but I didn't (what a bonehead I am) and bumped into him on the way home back from my little daily joyride that I take on good days. I would have to say that it was one of the best looking cars I've ever seen in my life. Well, I just thought I'd share my joy today. It would be cool if the owner of that car replied to this message but I doubt he's even a member here.

Luke

·
Registered
987 Posts
YogsVR4 said:
The 99s are a rare breed to see.
I have a feeling people are snatching up older models just to convert to the 99 body style....:mad::(

I bet in a few years, you'll have a problem telling which one is authentic 99 vs. a converted one. Kinda sad IMO. Considering the rarity of this car.

Just my $0.02, I'll leave it at that:)

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
when i get my 99 you will be able to tell the difference...my 91 with conversion will be purple (the stock dark purple from the mid years) and the 99 will be the stock green.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just look for...

The '99's took away that black piece behind the driver & passenger side window and made it the same color of the car. So that piece is just blended into the roof now and NOT like my '97 SL below...;)

Also, they have SL or VR4 in grey letter written on there too...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Re: Just look for...

Corwin said:
The '99's took away that black piece behind the driver & passenger side window and made it the same color of the car. So that piece is just blended into the roof now and NOT like my '97 SL below...;)

Also, they have SL or VR4 in grey letter written on there too...

you can order those from mitsu and replace that.....

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
I see a white one every day

I spank . er . thank myself every day for having made the commitment and the 2600 mile drive to have it too:cool:

If you are looking for one good luck - I keep waitin for Maui and Corwin to find and have one

sorry 91vr4n00maxima, your board name is too much work and every time i type Maui I get visions of Makowao, Napili Bay and Kaupo :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
One day, one day...

I will have my new baby...:p

Be it a '99 VR4, a C5 Vette, a T/A WS6, a Roush or Saleen, or even a Supra. My wife keeps telling me that good things come to those who wait, but I am getting to be like a little kid in a candy store and I want one now...:rolleyes: :p

V

·
0 Posts
Yes,99 VR4 is really nice...!!!I see white 99 VR-4 driven by an old
lady almost everytime I go to Costco.Maybe she is the director
of Costco??Whoever she is...she has a good taste,or her husband
does..:D

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
Mine will LOOK like a VR-4...

It's a '99, but I have the hoop wing. No biggie. I swear I hate that combat wing, but when you see it, you KNOW it's a fast car. After I get my NOVI 2000...

·
Registered
208 Posts
when I was buying my car the dealership had a black 99VR4 in the show room, I sat in it for like 10 minutes playing wiht buttons, Saying " I want this one", but then I got mine, which looks just as good:D AND it's RED!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts