Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it wasn't with my Stealth. I took the 96 Firehawk out driving tonight just to work the engine alittle. I was coming out of High Point going down East Chester then went down 311. As I was going down the ramp, minding my own damn business. Headlights come up on my ass quick! First I thought it was the damn cops pestering me. Well I cruise off the ramp on highway doing 60mph. I look back this damn car keeps jumping on me. Getting closer then backing off. Anyways after about 2 or 3 miles of this shit I shift it to 2nd and leave his ass. Well I thought that was then end of it. About 2 mins. later he is back on me again. This time I slow down while in 2nd gear. He comes up on side of me gunning it like he is hot shit.:eek: I look over and see that it's a newer mustang but its a saleen, a S281.:D Im not sure on horsepower but would like to know if anybody knows. We are both doing about 50 mph, I am waiting on him. He punches it getting about 3 on me, then my 383's 430 lb. torque and 440hp come out to play. As he got no more than 3 on me during the initial jump, I catch up and leave him. I am doing about 135mph and his headlights real tiny in my rear view. Suprisingly as I slow down to the legal limit he goes by and gives thumbs up. Something I didn't expect from a putang owner.;) Thought I would post it, probably wouldn't have come close to him in the Stealth. No problem on the R6!

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Good kill! By the way, do you ever goto High Point on Friday or Saturday nights? I go almost everyweekend. Really cool. I haven't had the chance to see any Stealth's up there yet. A few 3000GTs. Maybe we can get together sometime. Where in NC are you from? Oh well, see ya later!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Performance specs for a Saleen S-281, courtesy of Saleen.com.

285 HP
1/4 mile: 14.1/98 mph
0-60: 5.2 seconds
Lateral Acceleration: .93g
Braking feet 60-0: 109

BTW, the S-281 is kinda like their base model. Next one up is the S-281 E which is supercharged. That one has 425 HP.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey ESC, I live in Reidsville. About 20 mins north of Greensboro. I basically live in Greensboro though. So I'm in the Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro area all the time. During the Summer I had my R6 in High Point about every weekend. I remember seeing a red 3000gt, not sure if it was yours. There was a black ram air trans am I use to mess with on my bike.

As for the Saleen, damn!!!!:eek: I thought it had some damn power. Thats why he couldn't keep up. I would like to put my Firehawk up against a supercharged 281. Anybody know of any nearby?:D

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
That might have been me. I just started going over the summer. I usually hang out at Eckards. I dunno what goes on during the winter though....I dont' know of people just stay at home cuz it's too cold, or say fuck it and get drunk and go anyways, heh. As for me...unless there's a good quantity of racers and chicks there, I won't go.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably the latter!:D I really don't know though. Last winter I took the stealth up there and there were people everywhere on Friday nights. But last winter US Airways had me working the shitty schedule too, so that had some effect on my having a life! At least now I have some seniority!;)

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Cool deal, maybe we can get together one weekend and run a few guys. I'm hopping to get a new intake pipe in a week or so. Maybe that'll boost up the HP by like, 1HP (lol, at least make it sound better). Recently I've been getting some decent races. Thunderbird with a 302.....New V-Tec Prelude, turbo Jetta, Firebirds...all the fun stuff. Yet to be beaten ;)

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
ecs

ECS, Where in NC are you?
If you want to make your way towards my house we can go crusing in my Mitsu. I don't know my way to highpoint. :rolleyes:
I don't get out much.

Firehawk--
When ever you have 30mins or so doy ou think we can meet up?
I need some help attaching my hood to my car & I need some tools.
I got ganked or something. I can't find my tools & I have a whole interor to put together. But i just need the hood on for now.

OH & i want to see how i will do beside your R6 in the short end ;)

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
There was an s281 at the track last month, it was running 14.2 at 5800 so low 13's at sealevel. BPU vr4 could most likely take it, I know mine could.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sabotage, email me or give me a call. 342-6365. I'll help ya. Let me know why kind of tools you need. As long as it isn't to cold i'll bring out the R6.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
Firehawk said:
Sabotage, email me or give me a call. 342-6365. I'll help ya. Let me know why kind of tools you need. As long as it isn't to cold i'll bring out the R6.
whens a good time to call?
it's 1am now I don't think i should call right now lol

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
First of all, Firehawk you have damn nice cars and I'm drooling w/ jealousy!!! Good race, I'm glad to see he gave you thumbs up. 2nd, those stats are wrong. A car w/ 14.1 quarter wouldn't have a 5.2 0 to 60. Especially rear wheel drive, it's just common sense.

Mustang,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts