Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Krank vents few days ago... when I was driving tonight, I noticed my A/F meter was reading really high.. before it was reading like 0.98V max. Tonight, I was looking at the gauge.. whenever i stepped on gas at WOT.. the reading went to 3.5V.. it was really high.

So my question is, Did krank vents mess up my A/F reading and I was actually running like I was before?

OR

Krant Vents actually made my car run rich?

I noticed tonight with Krank vent installed, I would be driving around 0.5V and if I go WOT.. it would jump to 3.5V. Even when I didn't have Krank vent.. it wouldn't jump that much of difference.. so I guess my A/F is not actual anymore but my car is still running like it was before I installed the A/F?

Anyone?
I wish I can datalog my car..

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts
Sorru I cant help ya with your question, I was windering what brand/type of A/F gauge you are using.... Since i didn't see it in your sig, I thought maybe you were using the SBC-ID to read it with the optional harness. I ask this because I am gettign an SBC-ID and was wondering if the anyone got the optional harness to work and show A/F like its supposed to...
-Thanks!

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was using my SAFC to read my o2 sensor. I did the blue wire mod on my SAFC.. it was reading just fine until i installed the Krant Vents. I guess i will try to drill out the PCV value first.. if not working.. i will try disconnect the big vent hose to the intake and see what happen... this thing is driving me nut

Oh I found an interesting article about installing a breather like Mike said and cap off the intake hole in order to reduce smoke. I will try that before I drill out my PCV valve first

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/instructions/breatherfilter.htm

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok.. call me stupid or whatever. I just checked my SAFC when I did my blue wire mod to monitor O2 sensor. If I go to etc.. my O2 should be the second reading.. not the third.. third was for my throttle reading.. damn. i feel so dumb lol

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
msaskin said:

ditto...i belive the most that the O2 sensor will put out is 1v

~matt
i've seen up to 1.08 on the pocketlogger (I don't run that much all the time)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.