Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah, so if I don’t have that park/neutral sensor from the automatic plugged in it won’t even crank, but with it on it starts to start up
You didn't actually answer my question though. If you put that wire to the ECU, does the car start cranking WITHOUT YOU TURNING THE IGINTION?

Also what pin on the ECU are you putting it to?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You didn't actually answer my question though. If you put that wire to the ECU, does the car start cranking WITHOUT YOU TURNING THE IGINTION?

No I have to turn the key for it to crank/ start.as far as what pin I’m not entirely sure how to tell you that, but it’s a pin that was used on the auto trans when it was in for the park/neutral switch and I guess it tricks the ecu. So I’ll probably straight wire those and run a switch into the cabin to have it there. I feel like it’s an issue with air like the other said like the iac so I’m gonna try that when I can and get a video to try to clear it up

·
Registered
750 Posts
Are you absolutely sure that wire is going to the ECU? Because White93GT seems to be correct that the safety only interacts with the circuit to the starter. Here is this wiring diagram for the 96+ autos.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
Hey rossb, I’m beginning to suspect he didn’t connect to ECU at all. From his comments like “I guess it tricks the ecu” instead of understanding the ECU has about 76 different pins he could have connected to, I don’t think he understands the ECU has nothing to do with starter engagement. Another thing is when he says “turns over”, he means engine starts, where we think he means starter turns engine. Some of his terms and assumptions tend to throw us off track. It also sounds like starter works fine and engine starts but won't stay running. Hope this helps clear some things up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey rossb, I’m beginning to suspect he didn’t connect to ECU at all. From his comments like “I guess it tricks the ecu” instead of understanding the ECU has about 76 different pins he could have connected to, I don’t think he understands the ECU has nothing to do with starter engagement. Another thing is when he says “turns over”, he means engine starts, where we think he means starter turns engine. Some of his terms and assumptions tend to throw us off track. It also sounds like starter works fine and engine starts but won't stay running. Hope this helps clear some things up.
Yeah I’m sorry guys, I suck at explaining stuff, and I’m not as mechanically enclined as y’all. So the park safety connector that was previously on the the auto trans i plugged into it’s original slot, I’m gonna try putting it more together tommorow to see if it makes a difference with the airboc out together better and I’ll check the iac

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,635 Posts
I’ll check the iac
The below tells how to test IAC with ohm meter, yours being a ’98 should read in the 40 ohm range of four coils. Also since you replaced the transmission, look to make sure you didn’t trap the wires for it between bell housing and engine. There have been cases before where that was done and damaged the wires when mashed/pinched in that area.
IAC Control motor test.JPG click on image to enlarge

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So today I plugged the iac in and the battery back in and tried to start it and nothing. So I checked all the fuses and I decided to replace all of them so they’re all new so that’s nice. Went to start again and nothing. So I plugged in my obd scanner and like i thought it was the crank angle sensor, code P0335 for anyone else. I’m gonna try to replace this when it comes in and see if it starts then

21 - 27 of 27 Posts