Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Can I ask how this worked for you?
I am having a nightmare getting my Clutch Maters twin plate to work consistently. I'm about to pull my transmission for the 4th time in an attempt to cure a persistent clutch drag issue. I'm pretty sure that it's one of the plates hanging up on the splines.

· Fear the Reaper!
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having a nightmare getting my Clutch Maters twin plate to work consistently. I'm about to pull my transmission for the 4th time in an attempt to cure a persistent clutch drag issue. I'm pretty sure that it's one of the plates hanging up on the splines.
Sorry I can't be of help. I never ran it. The clutch is still new

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
294 Posts
I remember reading a previous post from you about the clutch drag issue you're running into, and another member suggested to you that with the clutch you have to do launches periodically or it will drag somehow. I believe you gave that a try and it fixed it for a bit?

Out of curiosity, is this no longer doing anything?

· Registered
656 Posts
I remember reading a previous post from you about the clutch drag issue you're running into, and another member suggested to you that with the clutch you have to do launches periodically or it will drag somehow. I believe you gave that a try and it fixed it for a bit?

Out of curiosity, is this no longer doing anything?
It worked but only for a short time and it's just not practical. I was pretty pleased when I first tried it, but the drag came back in about 50 miles of daily driving. It takes 2-3 full on, all 4 wheels smoking, drag starts to make a difference and I'll lose my license doing that where I live lol. The last two times I tried this it really didn't make enough of a difference.

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
294 Posts
It worked but only for a short time and it's just not practical. I was pretty pleased when I first tried it, but the drag came back in about 50 miles of daily driving. It takes 2-3 full on, all 4 wheels smoking, drag starts to make a difference and I'll lose my license doing that where I live lol. The last two times I tried this it really didn't make enough of a difference.
Hahah sounds about right, Bay Area police have zero tolerance, I used to live there... I'm down in Santa Cruz area now, everybody's super chill, Police let you get away with a lot of goonery, I've got some funny stories

Best of luck tracking down the cause man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts