Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have it out of my car yet but I think I am going to be putting in a stock clutch. I am getting rid of my car in a few months and can get some of my money out my selling this and installing a stock clutch than I would if I sold it with the clutch in the car, plus the person who is getting my car(my mom) doesnt like the chatter noise that the CC clutch makes so that is another reason why I am gonna get rid of it. I will send it in to RPS to get the most updated version of the clutch for you which will make it a new clutch basicly, it has only 2k miles on it as of now...I dont know what to ask and dont wanna take a huge loss on it so I am accepting offers...thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
669 Posts
hey man im callin dibs once tha i get my questions answered

·
Registered
669 Posts
ok man well your sayin tha clutch chatters alot ??

also where you able to heat it up and no slippin ??

how was ingagement ? feel like stock ? or harder ?

harsh ? lemme know

·
Registered
669 Posts
are you gonna part out any thing else from the car ??

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ALL of the RPS CC clutch's have that noise that they make, I have email rob (owner of RPS) and Matt (at dynamic racing) it is right before the clutch it fully engauged. (you can email matt, or rob or mike from AAM about and questions you might have about this clutch I didnt answer.) I never drove this clutch hard b/c I got it with the intention of doing a six speed swap b/c I have the 5 speed 18 spline Tcase now and already snapped the output shaft and didnt want to risk it. It is very easy to engauge compaired to my other clutch, and when I had the stock clutch in there I would say it felt like that.

As far as my other parts go, The only other things I will be getting rid of is my injectors and AFC, but that wont be till around March, b/c everything else I can use on the other car.

and yes this is the twin disk CC clutch and it comes with the flywheel incase you were wondering.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well its not sold yet, I didnt know what to ask for it so the person with the highest bid gets it shipped to there rebuilt with a tracking number:D ( give me a week/2 weeks to get the clutch out and to RPS and back to me so I can ship out to you)

So from now till about next monday I will be taking offers.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if your parting out the other stuff, PM me... you'll get some money.
sure thing........

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was really hoping to get $2000 shipped for it that is still savnig you $500 over the group buy for the exact same thing :( If I dont get any other offers right now $1850 is the highest and I guess I will let it go to that person....aslo just so you know The car goes in monday to get the new clutch put it, so Ishould have the clutch sent out and back that next monday (a week and 3 days from now)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wicked91RT said:
I was really hoping to get $2000 shipped for it that is still savnig you $500 over the group buy for the exact same thing :( If I dont get any other offers right now $1850 is the highest and I guess I will let it go to that person....aslo just so you know The car goes in monday to get the new clutch put it, so Ishould have the clutch sent out and back that next monday (a week and 3 days from now)
This is a great deal for someone. Just so everyone knows Brett ain't lying, I am going to completely refurbish that clutch for him.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the clarification rob:) I will definatly order one of your clucthes for me next car, but I dont want to spend the extra money knowing that I will be getting rid of my car in 4 months.

Just so everyone knows I got an offer of $2000.00 so I am selling the clutch, if it doesnt work out with this person I will repost, thanks everyone.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a new best offer as of sSunday the 8th....$2100.00 shipped.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright, got another offer of $2150 shipped now....just so everyone knows I am going in tomorrow to see when they can fit me in to get the clutch taken out, then I will ship it to RPS, then off to whom ever....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.