Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

· Always needing parts...
3,212 Posts
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to the OP.

I just put this oil in my car today, drove about 30 miles around town and it is not smoking anymore. The amount of smoke this thing was shooting out every time I took off before this oil change was unreal and ridiculous. Going through drive-thru's and stuff became something that was no longer an option. Now that the car isn't smoking, I get those luxuries back!

Thanks again for the posts and updates on this, it was a huge help to me. I definitely recommend that anyone having smoking issues try this out, it was worth every penny already.

· Verified Seller
1,976 Posts
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to the OP.

I just put this oil in my car today, drove about 30 miles around town and it is not smoking anymore. The amount of smoke this thing was shooting out every time I took off before this oil change was unreal and ridiculous. Going through drive-thru's and stuff became something that was no longer an option. Now that the car isn't smoking, I get those luxuries back!

Thanks again for the posts and updates on this, it was a huge help to me. I definitely recommend that anyone having smoking issues try this out, it was worth every penny already.
It's been great to me also. I bought the 12 quarts for around $90 I'm using a WIX filter.

· Verified Seller
1,976 Posts
I got a K&N PS-1004 oil filter personally, I figured I'll want the best flow I can get with such a heavy oil. Not sure if that matters or not but it sounded like a good idea and I've always been happy with K&N products.
I didn't think it mattered but now that I research it, next time I'll go with K&N also!

The price isn't that bad too.

· Money pit owner.
3,161 Posts
I got a K&N PS-1004 oil filter personally, I figured I'll want the best flow I can get with such a heavy oil. Not sure if that matters or not but it sounded like a good idea and I've always been happy with K&N products.
hmm, I was told that the physically largest K&N oil filter is HP-2007, I've got one installed now, its bigger than the stock filter I had. Is the K&N PS-1004 just a stock replacement?

· Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Eh.. i was pushing my oil change too far, like 5,500+ i didn't have time to order my royal purple and need the car atm.

so i got some 10w40 syn castrol (they didn't have 20w50:( )

so going see how it works out.

· Always needing parts...
3,212 Posts
I've been running this for almost 2 months now, still had a little smoke but nothing like the huge amounts I had with the 10w30. I got Krank Vents which completely eliminated the rest of the little bit of smoke that was left.

So far this has still been great oil. I'll try switching back to 10w30 mobil1 with my next oil change and see if it starts acting up again.

· Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
that's great!

Yeah running the 10w40 castrol 200 miles so far. and everything is ok.

At 1200-2000 miles or so ill know if its degrading the quality and has chemical break down.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.