Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:whip: Help ! I have a 91 Dodge Stealth N/A DOHC that under heavy acceloration stutters and chokes until you let off and slowly accelorate. The computer has 7 codes!!! Cleared codes, Put a new one in to test and 7 codes remain. Car has new plugs, cleaned injectors, new fuel and air filters. Anyone experiance this phenomenon?? Trying to avoid the dealer$$$$

·
Resident rocket scientist
7,998 Posts
shuddering?

I don't know anything about the codes, but what is the shuttering like? Does it kinda 'shake' the car? Is it more noticable when you're going up a hill. My car did this one time and it turned out that it just had a serving of bad gas. It stopped acting up about a quarter of the way through the tank. I would have said transmission, but the way you're describing the shuddering it sounds like a gas problem. Anyone else got ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is under heavy acceloration that it "sputters". I feel it may be an electrical problem cause I can't see how the car would even start with eight failure codes including two coil pack, tps, mas. etc.

·
Resident rocket scientist
7,998 Posts
if you think its electrical...

Check your alternator...that might be it. Does the car feel like it's about to shut down on you? But other than that I'd just check the codes...

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
I just had the same problem on my GSX. Turned out it was a bad set of plug wires, and the throttle cable thingy wasn't connected very well or something. Check that out. Good luck.

-Remy

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dude use your resources to your fullest. Put the codes on here for someone to see. It sound like the electrical system in a way and the fuel system in a way also. The only way to tell is to look at the codes and figure out what they say. Look at the different web sites and look for info on the codes. Theyy are ment to tell you what the hell is wrong to save you time and worry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.