Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Roll cage pics and information needed

834 views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  96TTtrqmnstr 
#1 ·
Anybody have pics of roll cages installed? I'm looking for either the AAM or bozz speed cages. I know the AAM cage is $695, anybody know what the bozz chromoly cage costs? Does the bozz cage have swing outs?

#4 · (Edited)
If you want to be legal here's the NHRA rulebook:
http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2002/rules/GenReg.pdf
Section 4:11 covers cage construction.

You know...if your firewall, floor, and body are unaltered a NHRA spec roll bar (not Autopower) is perfectly legal until you break into the 9's or run faster than 135mph.

...of course 135 is coming up real quick for you! :D

#8 · (Edited)
This place sells them if your interested......but no pictures. :( Sorry, not till spring. http://www.swracecars.com/
I picked my roll bar up at their place and its a really nice place. They're pretty big into race cars. (tubed cars sitting around everywhere) They have cages and bars in chromoly if thats what your looking for and I think they were like 500 or 600 bucks which is an awesome price.
Swingout available along with basically every option/accessory you can think of. I went with the swingout too ;)
good luck!

#9 ·
is this for real?

Swracecars.com lists a 8-point roll bar for our cars (P/N 11-2041) at $150 + around $60 shipping. Thats a great deal. They list swing out side bar kits at $35/side. Thats only $280 shipped! I wonder how much this kit weighs in at and what the quality of the kit is... does it need tons of fab work to make it fit (96TTtrqmnstr?)?

#13 ·
Re: is this for real?

Boostaddict said:
Swracecars.com lists a 8-point roll bar for our cars (P/N 11-2041) at $150 + around $60 shipping. Thats a great deal. They list swing out side bar kits at $35/side. Thats only $280 shipped! I wonder how much this kit weighs in at and what the quality of the kit is... does it need tons of fab work to make it fit (96TTtrqmnstr?)?
I haven't weighed mine yet, but I plan on weighing it before it goes in the car. Obviously the material you go with will make a big difference....mild steel vs. chromoly.
As far as fitment, I don't know from experience since mine's still sitting in my basement, but when I picked it up and talked to the guys they assured me that "its no generic kit. This rollbar/cage is meant to fit my car specifically." -- This place is pretty huge in the race car scene and have a pretty good size facility, so until I know for sure I can only assume it'll fit like they say.
I had a concern about the bar fitting in between the door and my seats since my Momo seats don't leave much room and thats when the guy told me about the kits being made to fit each car and that alot of people have the same concern/problem.......basically he assured me that its a very clean install.
I think his SN is "BadAzzTT" or something like that here on the board has a bar from S & W, try PMing him if you want any details. ;)
Also, all of the angles (where each tube butts to the other) are already cut specifically for where they belong.

#14 ·
VeilSdeGTO said:
I have a roll cage but its not the AAM or Bozz one. Let me know if you still want to see pics of it.

Courtney =)
EDIT--

VeilSdeGTO said:
I have a roll BAR but its not the AAM or Bozz one. Let me know if you still want to see pics of it.

Courtney =)
.....sorry, had to do it ;)

#16 ·
I expect to see that changed in your sig within the next few days ok?
6 point = bar not cage ;) ....we don't want your sponsors getting all upset thinking you lied to them. :D
later,
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.