Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
One fix at a time
7,763 Posts
If by 'works much better' I assume you're referring to Xenforo's ability to deliver ad content to users? More user activity..? I logged in here for the first time in a few weeks and there's been maybe 100 new posts? The ability to copy/paste to embed images is nice, but hardly an equitable trade off for the loss of iTrader rating, advanced search capability, etc..

Irony:

View attachment 284984
I don't have ads when logged in so none of that bothers me. I didn't have any when I was a lifetime member before so maybe some settings carried. If I'm not logged in yes there are tons of ads.

Also, there's more activity than Eric's threads. That's what most of the activity before for awhile was. There are more users posting different threads than there were before so that says something. Maybe there aren't more posts. I don't really pay that much attention but there are more threads at least and the e-mail notifications for new replies in a thread actually work this time.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,112 Posts
I also miss the "Trader Rating". I started a thread asking if this went away. Never got a response.

Marshall

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,239 Posts
It just took me 10+ minutes to figure out how to send a PM?
WTF?

Bob.

·
Creator of weird stuff...
4,116 Posts
Have not been active on here for a long time, came back and saw this new design and immediately hated it. It's a horrible layout and I also can't find shit anymore.

I also noted that AutoForums looks to now be completely under VerticalScope Inc. which is nothing more than a Data mining company that sells user data, So probably best this forum dies off anyways .

·
Registered
753 Posts
And I can say Im honestly a bit worried that this forum is gonna disappear and all the knowledge along with it. I dont know where to go other than 3si? It is dead though, most online forums are for cars. People dont help anyone anymore its just a big argument and people saying they know more than other people even though they dont list useful info lol.

These cars are just old though and getting more problematic too.

·
Registered
555 Posts
We just need us older generation to keep this place alive. The ones that rely on Facebook groups will just have to stay lost. I mention this site but get no response from these people. They want the easy answer and not have to research. There's so much to know about these cars that get lost on Facebook.

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
As a former mod, you all know we have/had zero control in the lay out and function of a forum right? To blame your own that are trying to help hurts to even read.

Coop

·
I kill brakes
4,790 Posts
If you like the old style with less ads, there is another place to go and it even has a chat box, just sayin'. That being said, forums in general are dying, which is a shame because that's where all the combined knowledge is. The decline started when TANP actions were banned IMO, lol.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
this forum format is a exact copy of another forum I frequent. When 3si changed i was like wow! copycat. check it out.

·
Fast, but Safe
1,244 Posts
It must be a "thing". gencoupe.com and hyundai-forums.com are nearly identical, along with optimaforums.com.

ominousone

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,285 Posts
they are all owned by the same company

·
Fast, but Safe
1,244 Posts
Yup, just what I figured.

·
3S addict since '95
1,110 Posts
I can't say I hate it. Pages seem to load much quicker now. The only think I hate is the lack of participation here these days. The FB groups are so awful to navigate. You cant' find something you saw last week. Anybody can delete anything at any time and there's virtually no moderation. People getting ripped off almost daily. You can't call it a community, by any definition of the word. What we had here at 3SI for, for a decade and a half, was a real community. I learned so much here. I built my 3S passion and nurtured my 3S hobby here. I miss that. I hope the new format breaths a little life into this site. But it's going to be tough, without an enthusiast running it.

·
Registered
555 Posts

Same there. Whoever the company is must be buying up all the dying forums. Not sure what they gain from it. If no one frequents them, you can't be generating any ad revenue.

While it's taking a little time to learn the new format, I actually like it. Alot cleaner looking and faster running.

·
?Mark
16,612 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts

Same there. Whoever the company is must be buying up all the dying forums. Not sure what they gain from it. If no one frequents them, you can't be generating any ad revenue.

While it's taking a little time to learn the new format, I actually like it. Alot cleaner looking and faster running.
I think it’s genius really, you know how many people google about how to fix/modify their cars? Heck before I buy a car I google all of that and it always...ALWAYS lands me on a forum. Even if just looking, their ads know it. Then the pictures that were uploaded, if I want to see I have to join, more ads, then I go back and again and again. More ads. Now I’m sure it’s not huge money, but I bet you somewhere, someone has run the numbers and makes it profitable.

Coop

·
Perpetual Limbo
4,102 Posts
I think it’s genius really, you know how many people google about how to fix/modify their cars? Heck before I buy a car I google all of that and it always...ALWAYS lands me on a forum. Even if just looking, their ads know it. Then the pictures that were uploaded, if I want to see I have to join, more ads, then I go back and again and again. More ads. Now I’m sure it’s not huge money, but I bet you somewhere, someone has run the numbers and makes it profitable.

Coop
True, I don't buy anything that doesn't have a good forum behind it. I'm not trying to pioneer anything :ROFLMAO:. I'm not here enough to mind the change. If I get nostalgic, I'll just use the wayback machine.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts