Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I haven't raced the guy yet, but Imma ask him today after school. I'm sure it's not really his car (probably dad's or something). It's an older model Porsche 944 (non-turbo). The funny thing is...he has a NOS sticker on the back. Then there's some "racing" stickers and a big one that says "Porsche Racing" I just think it's funny. I'll see what's up with it after school today...see if he wants to run it ;)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
:D ~~~ That is almost as funny as my friend having " Pontiac Excitement " written on his banner on his Gran Am. :p

But try to kick his ass anyway than post up the results. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
First of all, lemme just say that I'm a HUGE fan of Porsche (before anyone jumps down my throat for what I'm about to say) but those Porsche 944's of the 80's were kind of a disgrace to the name Porsche if you ask me. They lacked any serious horsepower, looked kinda ugly, and were also cheap--->>>everything a Porsche's not supposed to be.

Because they were so cheap (well, compared to other Porsches), I've seen alot of them still around from the 80's.......in really poor condition too...they need to be put out of their misery.

A couple of years ago, I was coming home early one morning and this young guy (looked in his early 20's) was driving one. He came up from behind and when I saw it was a Porsche, I let him pass, thinking that I had no chance against him. He had a REALLY loud exhaust on it....also had a "FlowMasters" sticker on the back. He was driving faster than the rest of traffic so I decided to coast behind him so I could get home quicker. Well, after a little while, he must have caught on to me and thought that I wanted to race or something, so he starts going faster and faster...before you know it, we're doing like 70..75..80..85. At this point it was no use riding his coat-tails anymore, so I figured if I'm going this fast (and I'm still able to keep up with him), then I might as well see if I can take him. So I punched it all the way, and I was quite surprised at how easily I was able to pass him. There wasn't much he could do against me from a 90mph roll. I just kept going.....eventually I see him, in my rear view, exiting a few miles down the road. And this was before I did a single mod on the car.

I'm not trying to downgrade the 944, afterall, it's still a Porsche, but I REALLY expected more from a name like Porsche.

ESC, I'm willing to bet unless this kid really has NOS in that car, chances are, you'll beat him.

·
Jack Stand Driver
978 Posts
It's prob, his dads and also just a 944 with a few stickers for mods that he has to take off every night before he takes it back to "daddy"...
BTW...cream him

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Also remember he gets an extra horsepower for every square inch of sticker he has on there.

944 are the ugly sister of the porche lineage. They produce so many sweet ass cars and then theres that pacer wanna be.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I talked to him afterschool. It's actually his Porsche. And I asked him about the NOS sticker, and he said he was going to get a 100 shot soon. It's actually a 1994 944. Still looks ugly. I had about 5 people tell me that I could eat his ass today, lol. I thought it was funny. (this one girl I talk to said I'd take him, and I was like, alright it's on!). So now I just need to set something up (before he gets "NOS"). Hopefully I'll beat him.

·
Registered
211 Posts
esc wrote
Alright, I talked to him afterschool. It's actually his Porsche. And I asked him about the NOS sticker, and he said he was going to get a 100 shot soon.
Yeah, and I'm planning to put an 8.0 V-10 in my car soon, doesn't mean I can start putting Dodge Viper logos on my car already.....LOL:D
Should be a good race....keep us posted.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol...I think Imma go put some VR-4 bades on my car and say "oh, I'm doing an engine swap 'soon'

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve at 3SX Performance said I'd roast the Porsche. What are ya'lls opinions? Would I have a better chance from a roll or a stop? And if from a roll, about how fast of a roll? Just wanna see what you think's best as far as launching against a 944. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Anyone know the stats on the 944 Porsche. I mean if a FWD 222 hp car is supposed to ROAST it than it must be a disgrace to porsche. Interested in the numbers on this hazard clone.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
222hp FWD..yea, might be FWD, but I'm not at 222hp anymore. I estimate maybe 250 with some tweaking to it. Still a disgrace to Porsches though (like ya'll said, poor-man's Porsche)

·
Registered
150 Posts
the 944 looks beautiful compared to the 914. The 914 is one of the ugliest cars ever in my opinion.

·
Registered
949 Posts
from a roll or stop??? man, how bad do you want to embarass this guy. when we say "roast" we mean it. he'll get off the line faster from a stop (rwd and not enough power to keep spinning) but the poor guys got like 160hp. your gonna kill him like its nobody's business. the 944 turbo might be a drivers race but no turbo = easy kill.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
160HP? IS THAT ALL? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
they made a lot of fricken models, but if its a base, then yeah it'll have 163hp and 144lb/ft of torque.
if its an S, you still kill him
if its an S2 (top NA model) then it'll be "close"
if its a turbo, he might beat you.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did some research really quick. On the Porsche history page, it says in 1991 the Porsche 968 replaced the 944 using the body style and including a V8 engine. So there's no way it can be a 94. Maybe an 84! (Maybe I just heard him wrong). Also, the older models of the 944 (even turbo models) are 4 cylinders. It's a base 944 though (I've seen the turbo models, and they say TURBO on back...this just says 944...so I'm not worried about much). Time to get a digital video camera so I can show the world of 3SI :D

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
esc said:
222hp FWD..yea, might be FWD, but I'm not at 222hp anymore. I estimate maybe 250 with some tweaking to it. Still a disgrace to Porsches though (like ya'll said, poor-man's Porsche)
Yeah esc. I wasn't trying to put down the base model with my 222hp and FWD remark but I would think that something that mild (compared to porches racing history) wouldnt ROAST a porsche but if its 160 hp sounds like a better race for the SOHC base then you.

And esc I don't think you are quite at 250 horsepower with your mods.
No resenator: 0hp
UDP: 10hp
Cone Filter: 5hp
Plugs and wires: 1-2hp

So you probably are around 235 but thats better than stock and keep regulating the streets with this win.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea man, gonna regulate this Porsche's ass. He said he thought it'd be a close race. We'll just have to put a stop to that kind of thinking. Hopefully he'll race me tomorrow after school. I'll keep you all filled in!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts