Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says anything yes I know this really deosn't count as a kill and no I'm not bragging about it. That said, what do you all do? I pull up behind this geo metro doing 50ish. White Metro hatchback, blue rims, a sticker or two on the back, and a spoiler up on top. I see lights flashing in the car( some kind of blue indiglo looking thing, kinda looks like it's pulsing to the music) and I'm intrigued so I pull up next to him, maybe I'll ask him what the hell it is(no I wouldn't do it to my car, just educating myself). Anyway I pull up next to him and he gestures something. It was night, so I couldn't make it out, but he was either pointing or flicking me off. Then he guns it(I think, it's a Geo metro, I only noticed he started pulling away). So I'm thinking he flicked me off and wants a race, so instinctually I punch it. Blah blah blah, blow him out of the water, yadda yadda. So anyway, now I feel like an ass for wasting gas on something that may only have 3 cylinders. What would you all do? I mean it's a no win situation. If I race then I'm picking on a little guy. If I don't race, I'm a pansy who doesn't drive my sports car like a sports car, or worse..."Dude I raced a VR4 last night and kicked his ARSE!!" Anyway, just thought I'd vent and see what other people thought.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Rice is by definition not grounded in reality. I hate to break this to you my friend, but that kid will be telling his friends about how he "toasted" a VR4 regardless of what you do. You could beat him <b>by a quarter mile</b> and his friends would still hearing about how he pulled on you across the board.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Ebaines said:
Rice is by definition not grounded in reality. I hate to break this to you my friend, but that kid will be telling his friends about how he "toasted" a VR4 regardless of what you do. You could beat him <b>by a quarter mile</b> and his friends would still hearing about how he pulled on you across the board.
That is for sure...that is almost a definate thing that an average ricer would do. But nonetheless I would have raced him just for the personal satisfaction.;)

BTW EBAINES ~~~ Love the sig man. " IS THERE AN OWL UNDER MY HOOD "

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm ordering a Blow off Valve today, so hopefully the owl will go away. ;)

Its worth $300 just to stop having to explain to my friends, who are all impressed with the car untill they hear the hoot, that "no, the car's not broken," and "no, its not going to hurt the car."

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah its a shame that some people know very little while others know enough to fill up an encylopedia. Thats probably the main reason why we have people approching us and telling us that their Civic DX runs 13's all day long with Exhuast and Air Intake. First off they dont even know what 13's would stand for and Exhaust and Air Intake is all they know about cars. Most people dont know anymore than that and tints and if your lucky springs.

But what you will hear everyday is " DAMN DOG LOOK AT THOSE HOTTTTASSS CROMIES "...somewhere in the middle of the sentence we tend to lose them but not to worry, they are only talking about the rims of the car. Hard to tell. LOL:D :D :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was thinking about getting the Super Sound BOV for a while, just to intimidate the ricers into leaving me alone (I get tired of educating every 4 banger with a fart pipe in the Boston area).... but then I realized that ricers don't know what a BOV is, so it wouldn't do me any good. So I'm thinking I'll go with the Greddy.

Rice almost invariably = ignorance.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
your right about that no win situation. But don't worry i'm not gonna make fun of you for racing a 3, maybe 4 cylinder. I would have done the same thing, we just can't have metro drivers thinking they can beat 6 cyl twin turbo cars. Even though they know it in their little heads they will still be lying about it to all their friends :rolleyes:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Maybe it was a type R like the one I raced in my mom's 2.5RS Impreza the other night. Damn that thing was....well,uh... Nevermind:rolleyes:

·
Registered
330 Posts
My boost controller is coming soon, so maybe then I'll be able to hang with those Metro's and their BLAZING acceleration. This guy on my lacrosse team has one, and he keeps wanting to race me for $, but I keep turning him down because I know he'll win. 3 cylinders of death man....

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ebaines said:
My boost controller is coming soon, so maybe then I'll be able to hang with those Metro's and their BLAZING acceleration. This guy on my lacrosse team has one, and he keeps wanting to race me for $, but I keep turning him down because I know he'll win. 3 cylinders of death man....
You need NOS(or at least the stickers) to beat anything with a wing that stands more than 5" above the car's highest point. It's a rule.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Pony Killer said:

You need NOS(or at least the stickers) to beat anything with a wing that stands more than 5" above the car's highest point. It's a rule.
LOL :D ..Those wings are hillarious...they have them on the Civic Hatchbacks too and they are the uglyest things on the road, whether or not they are modded. LOL:D

·
Registered
856 Posts
whatever, it's highly important performancewise to have 120lbs or more of downforce to help the aerodynamics of your 104HP 1.9L engine. If us VR4 guys would catch on, we MIGHT be able to keep pace.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Heh it's funny though I remembered I once got messed with by a metro when I was in my sister integra GS ..... man he rev it up to me (I think all metro are manual) ... heh he started like a second early then I step on starting at 40.... I caught up and smoked him like hell heh.... man that shit is the slowest thing ever.... and the worst part is that my sister GS is an automatic too.. imagine how our VR4 would smoke them heh.... quarter mile we finished and that they barely start heh........

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey, you gotta do it once. But only one quick throttle blip just to show him who he's messing with. Just enough to let him know he would get blown away that bad, but don't actually full out rice...I mean race the guy.

·
Registered
856 Posts
RsPeED said:
Heh it's funny though I remembered I once got messed with by a metro when I was in my sister integra GS ..... man he rev it up to me (I think all metro are manual) ... heh he started like a second early then I step on starting at 40.... I caught up and smoked him like hell heh.... man that shit is the slowest thing ever.... and the worst part is that my sister GS is an automatic too.. imagine how our VR4 would smoke them heh.... quarter mile we finished and that they barely start heh........
Man, no one is gonna believe this, but ...

This one kid I know drives a metro, and we were coming home on the interstate one day. He's telling me about how it has absolutely NO acceleration, and he can barely pass people. I don't believe him, and say "dude, just put it in 4th and NAIL it, it'll take off," so he does. The result? The car slowed down - i swear. It like bogged the whole thing down. It was horrible, and I think I laughed the rest of the ride home.

The Car & Driver reports on those cars suggested buying a used car :)

.jon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey, don't mess around with the Might Geo Metro .. . .There's one around here that is totally jazzed up. You know, wiper blades that stay halfway up, different colored bumpers, (it's a baby blue Metro with yellow bumpers and side skirts), the thing is a total waste of space. I mean think about it, a REAL car could be driving on the patch of road that thing is on, and yet instead there's a Geo Metro . . ..
Anyway, we were at opposite sides of an intersection, and I noticed it and started laughing and pointing, and he noticed, and he kind of laughed along, and did a little clutch pop and jumped forward. I got the advance green and turned left in front of him and I was still laughing when I looked over and he kind of shrugged his shoulders.
So if he thought his car was a joke, why oh why do they try "modding" them up?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
NewCarPlease said:
why oh why do they try "modding" them up?
Well I think it is ok to mod up any car man. If you like your car and prefer to modify that up than anything else than go for it and screw what everybody else thinks. For us hooking up a Civic is a waste of money but for them it's a hobby. Why would we tell them stop modding your rice-mobile if they dont tell us stop moding your 2 ton dog. It makes sense. LOL :D

My 2 cents.;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just watch out for the Suzuki Swift GTI. They look like Metros, but are actually halfway fast. 1.3L 16V DOHC 4CYL in them. I had one pull on me in the Fiero, so it at least had to run in the low 15s.

There's one on autotrader.com now. Its an '89 for $1550, but you have to tow it home:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Ebaines said:
Stickers, stickers, stickers man! Paste them on to give you mad HPs!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts