Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm stuck in traffic yesterday, weaving here and there, but mostly just being patient. I came across three outrageous cars, and one ricer. I passed a Viper, a BRAND NEW CL600, and an older M5. Then, I pull up next to some ricer. The fucking car was all bondo'd and had a grocery list sticker scheme on his door. He had some gauges on the pillar, so I decided to roll down my window and ask what they were for. Here's the conversation:

Me: "Hey man, what are those gauges? Rice-o-meters?"
Ricer: "What?"
Me: "Are those gauges to make sure you're rice enough?"
Ricer: "Fuck you"
Me: "I'll be their for your 'phat' turbos right?"
Ricer: "Yeah"
Me: "Wanna run?"
Ricer: "Your gonna lose, I got a turbo on here."
Me: "Follow me, we'll get off the highway."

Anyway, we exit off, and by the way, I never heard his car blow off it's turbos at all...hmm...
We just went from a set of reds basically, it was probably a half mile strip. I smoked him in every sense of the word. Not even a challenge. He actually pulled up to me after the race and wanted some more, he said his turbos weren't at full boost, and that he had to turn them up. I was like, ok bro, whatever. We race again, same result.

Moral to the story: Just cause you have rice gauges on your car doesn't mean you're a turbo, just a turd.

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Yeah - I have the opposite problem. I have turbos and a boost controller, but I dont have the pillar gauage hooked up yet so its only for show for now. But all the go parts are up and running. :D

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

LOL!! thats some funny stuff

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
BuRn__ said:

LOL!! thats some funny stuff
Definatly that is some hillarious shit man.

Good Kill if we can even call it a kill, more like a masacre. HEHE:D

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
yeah they sound like more exciting opponents then some ricer...but i would have done the same thing...way to put that ricer down, that convo was funny as hell

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I would loved to have raced the others, but they were all middle aged guys, and to race we would have had to exit off the freeway. I highly doubt they would've exited.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That's funny as hell. LOL. At the local track on import nights all the ricers show up. Ther all asian guys trying to look cool full of gauges, body kits and whaky paint jobs running anywhere from 17s and a few in the 15s. And they always do the biggest craziest burn outs they can. Sadly enough their engines are stock. And then There's very few fast imports that are totally stock looking for the most part and are owened by few white guys and a couple of asian who are totally laid back and don't care about showing off or anything. The crazy thing was this ricer guy with a 98 3000gt vr4 and he ranned a 14.7!!! It was so sad I wanted to cry that someone like that could be allowed to drive such car. I guess ricers will be ricers and tunners will be tunners.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah most people who drive those kinds of cars are usaully considered elders. HEHE. I am yet to see a person driving an exotic such as a Farrari, Lambo, and Viper to be very young in age. All are old. Probably cuz it takes that long to accumulate that much money or enough money to actually buy those kinds of cars. LOL. ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't forget insurance for those cars. Especially in our state. Their insurance is probably worth more than our cars. Ok maybe not that much but close. I used to know a few people from Upper Saddle River who are paying over $9,000 a year for insurance on their ferrari's and lambos. Then again it may just be that particular insurance company.
I love how people think that just because they have a turbo that their car is super fast. When a person says "My car is fast . .. I have a turbo" There's a good chance they probably don't even know what a turbo looks like or does. Hell they probably think it's inside the engine. And you're thinking " UUUUhhhh turbo's come in all different sized and output levels" Not to mention all the other factors that determine a turbo's effectiveness. :cool:

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
insurance

hehe,
$9k for insurance on a lambo doesn't sound too bad after the $850 a month quote I just got for insurance on a
93 vr-4:confused: I have one wreck on my record (not my fault but the insurance company had to pay out, and I'm 17, other than that nothing, but that number sucks anyway)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah me too man I quoted for about $7,200 on a 95 VR-4....Sux man. HEHE:D

DROZZIX.......Hows the car man????? Get it fixed yet????? Was the problem you thought true?????

Damn man I'm more worried than you. HEHE:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yup , it's a freakin blown gasket. My heads do have to get reconditioned (FOCKER!!) and I need a new head gasket. The labor and having the heads sent out for reconditioning is gonna be a bitch. Their gonna touch base with me tomorrow to update me. I figured while they're already in there raping me, I asked them to do the timing belt , water pump and hose since I'm gonna be due for it within the next 10k miles anyway. Sometimes I wish I had a lot of money and had completely blown the engine , that way I'd have an excuse to Race Prep the bitch. Of course that would cost 3 times as much. I wish Mitsubishi didn't make such weak gaskets that seal like shit. I think it's time I look into Triple Layered Steel Performance Gaskets. If I can get my hands on that soon, I may be able to have them install that instead. But I should have the car back sometime next week.

Anyways what did you guys do last weekend?

jandoaudio - Is the insurance under YOUR name? If you put it under a parent's name and have Them listed as the primary drivers the rates should be a decent amount lower. :cool: ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
4u2nv - How is YOUR car doin? We have to race again that was fun , except now you need to run without the weight of 3 people in your car. Even with my intake , I'm pretty sure you're still a little quicker. Then again I didn't have my OD switch on. Hahahahah *as Drozzix tries to come up with more pathetic excuses*. Oh yeah there was also an invisible fat bitch named Gretchin in my back seat pushin 350. LOL :D Yo gimme a call this weekend if you guys are doing anything.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The bitch ( my car :p ) is doing good man, just got my power looms to cover my wires and hoses with in my engine bay. Next time we hangout I'll show you how they look. This weekend I am stuck home doing work around the house my friend, not to mention the house in the next town paps bought. Need to work on that also. But next week I will give you a call since I will be out of school for most of the week. ;)
Yeah man I had toooooo much damn weight. LOL. It was a loss of 40 horses if you calculate that each one of those kids weighed about 200lbs and there were 2 of them so that comes up to a total of 400lbs or about 40 horses of lose. DAMN THEM!!!! But its still slow. HEHE:D
All we did was go to the movies and then get a bite to eat. The highlight of the day was this ridiciulous GREEN CIVIC EX, that had this hotttt assssss blonde driver in it give me the yields to race. LOL...I kicked her cars face in,:p , but after that I waited up to see weather or not she would pull up next to me but she wouldnt. DAMNIT..I should have let her win. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think you should have stayed neck and neck with her just to see how she'd react. And then blown her a kiss before ripping her car a new asshole . . . At least she'd think you were a gentleman . . LMAO :p ;)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Drozzix said:
I think you should have stayed neck and neck with her just to see how she'd react. And then blown her a kiss before ripping her car a new asshole . . . At least she'd think you were a gentleman . . LMAO :p ;)
LMAO!!!.:D I know damnit..I should have thought about it before doing it. HEHE:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yo, I'm gettin my car back tonight . . . I thought it was gonna take longer. (just got called from dealership a few min ago)
Hey have you seen THE ONE ?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
No I havent Actually, but tell you what I will call you tonight man. ;) ..but there is no way I am taking out my car, so I will be with my cuz and his Probe..hehe...I cant pay off my gas and I need it to last till Monday night. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts