Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
20 yr owner
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing I'm interested in is what color is your
that you did a 99 converion on? (seems like everyone has white)

Where did you buy your parts for the conversion?:cool:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Have a 99 wing on my 92, might do a 95 nose later & a 6 speed trans

·
Registered
155 Posts

I did a 99 front end on a 96...My color was black pyrenees. Its supposed to be ready from the paint shop today..I had it painted the stock color with green pearl added to the clear coats...JC:cool:

·
stlth664 was here
8,027 Posts
Re: 96

hulk67 said:
I did a 99 front end on a 96...My color was black pyrenees. Its supposed to be ready from the paint shop today..I had it painted the stock color with green pearl added to the clear coats...JC:cool:
How does it look??? I can't wait to see your car! BTW, I Still have Maria's chair and phone charger from Charlotte :eek: oops ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
The 99 B-pillars were $220 shipped. Then another $60 for paint. But well worth it to me. I hated when people would say " Oh, I thought thoes were real windows"

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
I did a 99 conversion, but I didn't do those B-pillars. I like the Fake windows. I got my parts from Conicelli Mitsu. 25% off plus cheap shipping, what else can you ask for

www.partznet.com

Tuan

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
Tuan,
What year is your car? 1st gen or 2nd gen?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I did a front end 99 conversion, it's on a 91 vr4 black.

I opted not to do the rear wing, I'm not too crazy about the wright brothers plane attached to my car.

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
I did a full '99 conversion...

I got the front end, wing.....oh wait. I have a '99. :p Actually, I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting the VR-4 wing. Once I'm properly tuned of course...

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
:eek: Holy crap guys! Those things are GORGEOUS! What rims are you guys sporting?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Rims..

My 1997 VR4 has

18" Kasai ADR-45 (HMC Silver)

My old stealth had...

Enkie.. like R6`s I think.. they both look good on the cars...

Both will fit w/o spacers

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
What's the width?

I need at least 18x9 to hold any traction.

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
the pic of the red 97 w/99 bumper, what happened to the cross sections in front of the intercoler ducts?

·
Registered
376 Posts
how much is that conversion kit to make a 1st gen look exactly like a 99 vr4??? if you don't know...how much was the 2nd gen one for your car??

i'm pondering the question of buying a 99 vr4 later on...but it's like 36k or so..

and i do want a 93 pearl white vr4 with red leather....but LOVE the 99's styling....

so which is cheaper??...99 vr4 or 93 vr4 with full 99 conversion??

thanks ALOT!

m.s.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
93VR4 with 99 conversion will be significantly cheaper.

You're looking at a couple grand to do a conversion... (maybe 4 grand). That'll include parts and paint.

To go from 1gen to 99 you'll need:

Side skirts
rear
spoiler
bumper
headlights
turn signal
hood
sail-panels
fog lights (if you care about that)

Did I miss anything? You can check the parts on the link that Tuan posted about. www.partznet.com

1 - 20 of 60 Posts