Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the halogen headlamps in my 91 Stealth (these are the pop-up headlights).

Bought the right lamps, but can't figure out how to get to the old ones to remove and replace them. Exposed screws on front/sides of housing seem to lead nowhere; owners manual offers no clue.

Help, please.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To replace the headlights, take off the 4 screws holding the top metal piece. Then remove the screws in the two plastic pieces. There is also one small plastic "bullet" you need to remove. One plasic piece can be removed, the other dropped into the headlight well. Then you can remove the 4 screws around the headlight and pull the headlight out. Be sure to use some penetrating oil or WD-40 on those 4 screws around the headlight. This is the most difficult headlight replacement I've ever accomplished. It took about 30 minutes on each side. Be sure your hood is open when you do this. That way, you won't get any scratches on it. Hope this makes sense.

·
Curmudgeon
5,458 Posts
Another tip:
When you get done putting it all back together check the fit by manually lowering and raising the light using the "emergency" knob on the motor (it's a little red knob under a black rubber boot right beside and a little below the headlight). The plastic trim has to fit back together exactly or it'll hit the side and break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts