Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supreme creator of stuff
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a word - PERFECT

My 94 w/ ECS had this little habit of beeping when I turned the wheel. The Tour/Sport lights would work then not work.... it really bugged me because this car only has 60k on the ticker and is basically flawless.

My choices with mods on this thing since it is so nice are pretty much in the middle of the road. If it makes the car better, does not require hacking up the car and in my opinion either adds performance or value (even in my own opinion) I will consider it. Obviously everything I make is on the car :) because I know me and I do good work. - I digress

Let's talk about the V3 Renegade Techworks unit. One of our members has spent the time to take a raspberry and make it replace a piece of the car that is no longer available, for struts that are problematic and imposible to diagnose this unit resolves that - done - complete.

I bought the V3 unit from Marcus a while ago. it sat on my shelf because the car was not moving and basically stowed until the sun came out. Today was that day. I removed a few panels, plugged it in, ran a test...freaked the F out and sent off my email to Renegade then started looking up struts to replace the ones on my car. Convinced they were bad and needed to be replaced.
1 hour later, on a Saturday no less, Marcus sent me a request to run a test.
The struts are fine. Read the instructions Bob!
This little box is worth every penny

thank you Renegade Techworks & Marcus.

This board has its share of copycats, scammers people that don't give sh&t about anything but getting our money..... you sir are a pure credit to this community.

for those that know me and how much complaining I do....I cant say anything bad about this product. it works, it does what is designed to do. it added value and honestly knowing what each strut is doing is down right F'ing awesome as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m not to tech savvy. Is this open source something a novice could figure out how to do?

I know a few people already including myself that’d be interested in picking up a unit.

Drew

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I’m not to tech savvy. Is this open source something a novice could figure out how to do?

I know a few people already including myself that’d be interested in picking up a unit.

Drew
Marcus sells a complete unit that is basically plug and play. It comes with everything you will need. The open source is for those that would like to build their own from scratch or maybe modify his stuff as a learning experience. That is definitely for the novice although all of the code and diagrams would be helpful. The unit he sells has basically everything you could want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does Marcus make a different system then the Renegade module? I’m not aware of who he is.

Believe someone from Renegade responded to another post, to watch their website and that more modules will be hitting the market soon.

Marcus sells a complete unit that is basically plug and play. It comes with everything you will need. The open source is for those that would like to build their own from scratch or maybe modify his stuff as a learning experience. That is definitely for the novice although all of the code and diagrams would be helpful. The unit he sells has basically everything you could want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts