Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently replaced a cracked dashboard and now having power lock and power window issues. Does anyone know any other connection that can affect the windows and locks not working. I Checked all fuses and even replaced a working relay. Windows on both sides dont go up or down. Power seat DOES works fine. Passenger side door lock DOES work but window does not. No lights on any of the buttons driver or passenger. I checked these connections down below already as i think those are the only ones for locks and windows. Anyone know if there is another one i might of missed, maybe behind the dash or something.

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dammit dammit dammit..double dammit..no i didn't. I thought the dash came with all harnesses since I removed it. Wasn't aware there was one specific i neeeded to swap. Do you know which one and where?

·
Super Moderator
21,275 Posts
It looks like you do have the harness in place if you have those connectors. Here's a view of the harness from the back of the dash which might help identify plugs you have to put back on. The windows / locks is one of them not sure which one.

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much. Before i pull and check are these brown spots on the back of the board of the door switch normal i think it is solder points but maybe not?
but not sure.

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lawdogg thanks for taking the time to respond. A Vr4 just landed at pick n pull next to me gonna try and grab an extra switch just in case. U know any way to test the switch maybe using some sort of ohm resistance process?

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome Dude thanks a ton. I actually did that process. Awesome to see someone shared it on youtube. I'll go through all my wiring. Thanks again for helping much appreciated m8. Cheers!

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it seems installing the VLS doors when i was 18 years old and thought i was gods gift to wiring has caught up to me. When you bought that VLS kit it came with longer wires so the doors can go up and not tug on the harness and break. Yay now i get to redo this hole harness. Half of these wires broke and are brittle. Amazing how it was able to work for so long. Smh..

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh if i could back in time and slap the 18 yo me. I had also removed the bolts that hold the door harness in place because i needed a way for my speaker wires to get inside the cabin. So the harness was never bolted on just moving around ripping wires everytime I opened and closed the doors. Hahahaha..geeeez...dam..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
21,275 Posts
Makes sense when I was young everytime I connected the positive wire it sparked like Thors hammer. I always thought it was normal..Geez...
I'm as guilty as you - I remember installing my SAFCII with vampire taps, and my car would occasionally die because the airflow signal wire would lose its connection, so I would just kick the side carpet by the ECU until the car turned back on LOL

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm as guilty as you - I remember installing my SAFCII with vampire taps, and my car would occasionally die because the airflow signal wire would lose its connection, so I would just kick the side carpet by the ECU until the car turned back on LOL
HahahahahahahahahahHHHHahahahaha now this made my day. i just made a "post your young regretful mods post to see how bad we were when young..but dude your kick the carpet sounds like what I would have done too. Hahaha that's awesome.

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh dam..just when I thought i could match the coloring wires i went from all blue to all black wires all the way inside...how did I stick my hand in there and crimp? I know I was 100 pounds less..but geez. Does anyone know if that harness came out through the door hole, id hate to pull it as it seems locked in. Oh boi..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone know the name or the part number of the inside harness for the doors? This would be the harness that comes from the body TO the door and not the harness in the door. Also has anyone noticed if you hit the window down for the passenger window from the driver switch if the small lights on the driver side switch turn off or flicker untill you let go of the button for passenger window. Just want to make sure I'm wired up right. Got driver side to work figuring out passenger side not working. Thx 3si fam.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Alright so the parts diagram is terrible(as they always are), but it looks like it might be MB649058(that's for a 1st gen) and is discontinued. It could also be MB649007 as the diagram doesn't really do a good job of showing which is the male/female side of the connector.

·
Chief Exec.
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome thanks Ross b i stared at the manual and couldn't find it. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Never mind those can't be right, it seems those part numbers are for the protectors for that harness? The actual part number is MB942765. Helps when I click on the right thing, lol. Cherry Hill(MitsubishiParts.com) says it's available, but from personal experience I know they show things as available when they aren't. Either way, ASA shows that part number is applicable for all Z16A cars, so I don't think it would be hard to find a decent harness from a part out, I doubt it is a sought after part.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts