Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just changed my gear oil on my VR4 and I think it's the same... when I shift to second my gear still not going in smooth... I got the redline MT90 and heard good things about it.... .does it need to like break in also? :) or when u put it in you feel it right away?......... I didn't change the rear differential ... is that a concern? because it required a GL5 or GL6........ Please help... always have problem with second gear because from first pull straight down when it's warm or something sometime I don't hear the grinding noise and it went in smoothly.... but when it's cold most of the time I heard it.......

Danny

·
Registered
632 Posts
Redline may take a little time to "break in". But, odds are you
need to contact www.kormextrans.com. Sounds like your
second gear syncro is gettin' weak. Good luck.:cool:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much does it cost?????? I am broke .... pockets are empty... put everything in and bought this car.... just changed the clutch recently cost me total of $800 and some other things too so around 1k already.... I am in debt with credit cards too..... so damn me... this sucks....

danny

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Hey I agreed with ttforme. Your second gear syncro might be gone. Is it hard to shift into any gear or just second? I had problem shifting when the car is warm up into many gears. I took it to the dealership and took them 5 mins to adjust my clutch pedal... now I can shift with 2 fingers. Since you just go clutch replaced. I would go back and ask them to adjust the clutch pedal for you... did you have that problem before changing the clutch? Good luck man

Matthew
94 VR4

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Might it be that the cold weather's setting in?? My tranny is HEAVILY affected by cold, even with redline in there

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell I sure don't want to back to pepboy for the shit..... I changed my clutch overthere and they messed up so many things of mine... just found out the other day that my starter was loose that's why my car sound so weak when it start..... and realized that when I changed my clutch that they didn't even tighten the 2 screws of the starter and didn't gound some of my wires... damn those bastards.... they know jack about 3000GTs........ and they broke one of my speedometer wire.... took me and my friend a long time to fix that..... damn those mofos...........Didn't mean to express my anger here, but that just pissed me off ... took my car for a 30 mins test drive while I was waiting there.....
------
blah curse damn all.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey Matt how much does it cost to adjust the clutch pedal at the dealer?

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
rspeed, Dont be lazy crawl under the pedals and tighten it yourself :)

And you should of used a mtl/mt90 mix.
As far as second gear goes, thats not to abnormal. If it doesnt grind but feels like its not 100percent smooth then dont worry about it. Normally, transmissions that are in the way ours are, they arent as smooth as rwd cars. from my experiences

-Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts