Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a set of 94 vr4 chromies and was wondering if anyone had ever had a set of these black chromed?
I have a black stealth and was thinking a set of 17" wheels rechromed with black chrome would look great on a black car. Anyone done this or have pics?

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, there is a black chrome, it looks like a normal chrome but is not as white, I'll see if I can find a pic:cool:
Its really cool stuff:)

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the best pic that I could find, its darker than I want though. I am looking for a slightly lighter finish, Something in between the this and white chrome, kinda a smoky chrome.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
jandoaudio said:
This is the best pic that I could find, its darker than I want though. I am looking for a slightly lighter finish, Something in between the this and white chrome, kinda a smoky chrome.
no pic

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics too big to attatch, if anyone wants to know you can see some pics if you search

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You can send the pic to me and I'll post it. IM me - FrizzleFry0

My rims are photoshopped right now, but they will be a dark gunmetal with a hint of deep blue.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't get Microsoft IM to work, I'll email it to you. Thanks for hosting it. I'll keep looking for a better pic too.
Thanks,
Clayton

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I like it a lot. Hell, if I can find out who does this or could do it I might even consider it for my new rim color.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought that it would look great on my black car. There are a few companies that do wheels in that color but I don't know what they charge.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Now offering Powder Coating and Color Chroming! Price is $300/pair for Powder Coating. Add $100/pair to the above chroming prices for Color Chroming (e.g. Sportbike = $600/pair). CLICK HERE for a list of color chroming list.
Most powder coating prices I've seen are like 40 a rim so these guys are high compared to what I've seen. I'm wondering if I can find a cheaper source for chroming also.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've just started looking into it, but I think there are quite a few places that can do normal chroming, the black chrome is harder to find. I know a guy that bought a set of Konig Villians off of tirerack.com and I think tirerack had them chromed for him. You could call them. I'll keep you updated when I find more out.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Black chrome is a real chrome. I believe the chrome on "chrome" wheels is actually a nickel based plating. I thought about doing this myself, but I'd rather have a glossy gunmetal with a little texture to it. Black chrome would look really good though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.