Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m going to post this and I will probably have it figured out by the time I get a response, can’t get the “cradle” off the crankshaft. Removed the 4 braces and 8 bolts on those and the 8 top bolts as well.

in reality I just need some help greatly with this. I’m way under experienced. My dad is too old and busy to help me.
anyone in Vegas willing to lend a hand? I don’t have much money but at this point this is all I got and I’d be willing to work out something if anyone’s in the area.
had a piston slap, engines pulled, flipped, and I’m looking at under the oil pan right now. Got a loose 3rd cylinder piston that’s stuck, got some play,I need to replace the bearings. I’m pretty sure I’ve definitely messed some stuff up getting to this point. I’m definitely going to have a hell of a time putting this crap together. im looking to replace the valve seals next if anyone can refer me to a video on how to do that, I have them purchased already so that’s why I’m doing it.
if anyone wants me to post a full video of reassembly I’m going to have to so let me know I’ll try to record it somehow.
Picture is of the top brace or “cradle” in struggling to get out. Ill be doing a 60k service in the mean time so please post ASAP Im trying to get this done without rushing but I don’t have a lot of time lol

·
Registered
473 Posts
give the cradle a smack with a dead blow hammer
the other thing is the hydraulic tensioner which get replaced with the 60k

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
give the cradle a smack with a dead blow hammer
the other thing is the hydraulic tensioner which get replaced with the 60k
I smacked the shit out of it there’s gotta be something I’m forgetting?

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,324 Posts
How/where are you "smacking" the girdle? Not to be captain obvious, but it usually only takes one or two taps on it and away from the block. For example, you should be going upward in your picture. The rest is just finesse heh.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How/where are you "smacking" the girdle? Not to be captain obvious, but it usually only takes one or two taps on it and away from the block. For example, you should be going upward in your picture. The rest is just finesse heh.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
I tried prying underneath with a crowbar and giant flat head and smacking upwards yes. Went from gentle taps to a good 2 1/2 foot swing

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I got tired of it and basically just tried to break it with straight brute force, it came off. Give me the bad news doc

·
Registered
473 Posts
how are you at smashing the piggy bank it looks like it will need a major overhaul including turning the crankshaft and also having the oil galleys of the crank cleaned you may want to check with a machine shop and get some quotes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts