Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear windshield wipper blade needs to be replaced leaving lots of streaks... went to the dodge dealer.. they want $40 cdn each!!.. god damn rip off!!

I went to the canadian tire to find a new blade.. but there's that special adapter piece on the rear wiper arm..
what type of blade did you all get ?
or did you order it from the dealer ??

couldn't find any sort of adapter for aftermarket blades...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't remember the exact size, since I have to buy different sizes for all the wipers, but I replaced the refills only. I ran into that problem also at my local Auto Zone and they had to give me a special arm to bolt onto the rear wiper arm. But it was actually reversed (pointing in the wrong direction. So I got my money back for the blade and just replaced the refill. Works perfect. They were Anco by the way.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to another dodge dealer.. they sold me an Anco 19" blade... the blade on my car is 21".. i bought it for $8 (just need the adapter) I put it on but it looks pretty bad.. and i don't like the way its put together.. a bit flimsy...

I went and ordered a new stock replacement.. once it comes in I'll see about taking it apart and fitting other blades onto it..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So why didn't you just replace the refill on the rear wiper, retaining the factory blade? Let's see, I have the 2nd of each pair right here (since they're all different). I have a 21" and 20" WIDE Anco refills (my car already has the Anco blades on the front), so I'm guessing that these go to the front wipers. And I have a 21" NARROW refill, and I'm guessing that it goes to the rear. The reason I'm not positive is because I don't have my car right now. But I'm pretty sure. Anco is not the best, it's just what I have. I tried to put a longer blade on the rear (22")with that funky backward adaptor Auto Zone gave me. But since the rear window is curved, the last inch on the top just ran off the window, making no contact and screwing up the whole seating. So that's when I decided to just replace the refill.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how old the blade is.. and it looks al little worn so I decided to get a new..

I don't know if the current owner did alot with the blades.. I swapper the front ones.. one of them were rusting.. they may be the original blades since the car was made..

also the dodge dealer computers say that the rear wiper blade should be 19" ???? I checked in a book at the local autostore and it said 21"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts