Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SRT-4
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rear wiper isn't working, i press the button and i hear a moter turning but the wiper doesn't move.

How would i go by fixing this and is it logical to do it?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Make sure you aren't pressing the button in the center because that would be the fluid motor you would be hearing. The tip of that button will activate the wiper. This is just in case you aren't aware of this. If not, I have no clue what to do.;)

·
SRT-4
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how do you activate the wiper?
Is it that button or is it when you press the front wiper 2?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Don't press that button in the center, press the top end of the button.

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
if it is the wiper motor that is running, check the bolt on the wiper arm, it may be loose or stipped

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
My wiper doesn't even wipe the glass...:(

I just put brand new blades in all around, and my rear one still doesn't wipe the glass, except for a small little round area right as it starts to sweep. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rear motor "Can't turn off"

I have another problem with my "Rear wiper"...IT DOESN'T TURN OFF....I had to disconnect the wiring so that it won't scratch up my glass...I tried pressing and re-pressing the rear wiper switch to no avail...Also, I checked and disconnected and then re-connectred the #8-15A fuse to no luck...Should I just get a new motor? or a relay switch???? :)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Re: Rear motor "Can't turn off"

RED599 said:
I have another problem with my "Rear wiper"...IT DOESN'T TURN OFF....I had to disconnect the wiring so that it won't scratch up my glass...I tried pressing and re-pressing the rear wiper switch to no avail...Also, I checked and disconnected and then re-connectred the #8-15A fuse to no luck...Should I just get a new motor? or a relay switch???? :)
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.........Free easy fix.

First pop the button out it should pull out pretty easily just squeeze from both sides. Pull it out. You will see the side on the left of the button (as if it were in the hole) is broken. Now look inside the mechanism where you pulled the button out a little black tab will be stuck in there. Pull that out with tweezer or a screw driver knock it loose. Not get some superglue and glue this piece back on there very carefully to get it back in the same position. I've had this problem twice and so did RAINKING on the board. His was the same way. But the button is broken not the motor/relay or anything.

-Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts